X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Help Me Pick a Movie Phaser

I am working on a Star Trek custom and would appreciate your input. What is your favorite phaser of the "red uniform" movie era? There are several to choose from...

3222cb61ed9f38e52dd30dd0200257d0.jpg

I think I'm leaning towards the Wrath of Khan phaser, because I think it is the most visually distinct from the Mego style (and because it is handy for zapping creatures that burrow into your ear canal)... although I appreciate the other 2 having a more "classic" look.

Which would you vote for?
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I am always sorry I never picked up the Entertainment Earth Star Trek The Motion Picture Phaser replica. Something about it with all the little button settings on top is appealing. I guess that's the same as the Wrath of Khan Phaser, so that gets my vote.

Comment

• fallensaviour
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 28, 2006

# 4 phaser aside from the tos original phaser that's my fav.
      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• knight errant00
        8 Inch Action Figure
        • Nov 15, 2005

I've always loved the TMP/TWOK streamlined phaser (and I also regret passing on the replica). Classic in design, with a great SF aesthetic you just don't see any more.

On the other hand, the TFF and TUC design looks pretty hard and intimidating.

Still, for a custom figure, I think the TMP/TWOK design would be the most distinctive and "toyetic" . . .

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I also like the original series one best, but number four from Star Trek Three is the closest, so that's what I like.

Comment

• TrekStar
            Trek or Treat
            • Jan 20, 2011

I guess I would choose the original series phaser, but of course I'm a bit bias, also really like TMP phaser.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

So I ended up doing both the TWOK and TSFS phasers. I'm pretty happy with how they came out.

IMG_1651.jpg

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎