X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

Garcia-Lopez Superman and Adams Wonder Woman art pick ups

Got two new pieces of art for my collection from two all-time greats at Terrificon this past weekend.

Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez Superman -pencils only

11jlgsupe by Mike Parker, on Flickr

His sketch list was full on Saturday and I wasn't returning Sunday, so I was initially a little bummed. He did, however, bring art with him to sell. After going through his porfolios a few times I settled on his. He's definitely one of the all-time great Superman artists and since I had no Superman yet, I settled on this. I was going to get a Wonder Woman from him.. but covered that with the next pick up

Neal Adams Wonder Woman-SDCC

12ww by Mike Parker, on Flickr

I had a pretty fair budget for this show so I initially thought NOW was when I would get a least a half Adams Batman. Had a few there but still too rich for me. He had a book of "cheaper" stuff and although I flipped threw it when I first came in, I somehow missed this. Classic WW beaufiully rendered! His WW can be hit or miss depending on the audince he's catering to, but this one was a "win". So I still ended up getting something nice for WW art collection.

• emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Those are both nice additions! Just goes to show, the "old guys" have still got it!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

Nice. Would have loved to have gone to Terrific Con but I am really trying to save for Baltimore Comic Con this year. I see you must have had a good time at the show Mike. Congrats on the sketches.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Very nice! That Superman image has been used on a lot of merchandising over the last 10 plus years, so very nice pick up!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎