X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Jada Toys Nanometal minifigs

Both my wife and I are avid tabletop rpg gamers and metal minis are something we both collect and use, so when we say the Jada Toys minifigs at Wal*Mart with Harry Potter, DC and Marvel lines, we picked up a few. She loved them and has decided to try to get the whole line, but some are only available in playsets or special set releases, so I just ordered the Gryffindor Tower playset for her upcoming birthday...

I picked up a bunch of the DC figs and a couple of the Marvel figs at Wal*Mart the other week and she snagged all the Harry Potter sets and blisters (including the Fantastic Beasts figures) that they had at the 4 Wal*Marts we hit (no one else seemed to carry them in brick and mortar stores. There's a couple more I need to track down for her ( I saw Entertainment Earth had the 20 piece set that has some of the ones she needs, but a lot of what she already has) up for pre-order, so I may end up ordering that and see what she wants to do with the doubles.

Anyone else seen or picked any of these up?

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I've gotten quite a few of them from my local Wal-Marts---pretty much the ONLY place that seems to actually carry the things.

Since I work second shift, my ventures in Wallyworld are typically late night ones, so I saw them cracking open the plastic and cardboard case the initial display came in. At that time, no one new what they were priced at, so I had to wait a couple of nights before I could get back in and, lol and behold, by that time, a huge number of the individual blister packed ones had been cleaned out.

I've managed to snag several I wanted and have been finding stragglers along the way. The paint jobs on them aren't too bad, but I would love to find a spare set to either completely remove the factory paint from or cover with primer and custom paint myself.
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

I just discovered these, and I am looking forward to seeing where they expand the line. I'm hoping for more Muppets, and my girlfriend is waiting to see if they get beyond Alice with the Disney heroines (I'd love to see a few other Wonderland residents too). They have a definite charm, and I'm glad to see this line going. I went online and found the Gryffindor, so I hope they make more playsets.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
      Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• ScottA
        Original Member
        • Jun 25, 2001

I want the 66 Classic Batman but haven't seen it yet. Of course the Robin is exclusive to the Batcave playset, which I haven't seen yet either.

I picked up Green Lantern and Aquaman for 2 close friends of mine.
        sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^There's a 66 Batcave? I've seen the modern one at Wal-mart. It's nicely done, but doesn't really look like the Batcave to me. The Harry Potter playset is very, VERY nice.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

I picked up the Spider-Man 5 pack. They are really nice. I've long had a fondness for minis because of my interest in D&D.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎