X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

A look at the not produced Mego Sip ‘N See straws for 1979

This item is courtesy of our friends at Heroes West Coast and used with permission. Another beautiful glimpse into something that was planned but never made it to the market. Last month we showcased the Star Trek Mr. Spock Sip N’ See straw that was planned for 1979 but it was only one part of…

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

On one hand, I really do think this is super cool history and on the other, I find the whole concept a smidge unsanitary. A little plastic figure floating in whatever a kid has been drinking could get nasty pretty quick.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• msenger76
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 3, 2009

aww nobody cared about being unsanitary back then!

Comment

• greensavage2000
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 9, 2013

Once a month you had to suck boiling water through the straw to kill the germs. That or bleach. 😉 Yummy!

Comment

• cjefferys
          Duke of Gloat
          • Apr 23, 2006

That's crazy, I had no idea that they planned so many different straws, even Mork??

So the King Kong was the only one actually released, correct? (still need one of those, but the ones on ebay are overpriced IMO)

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎