Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Goblin's man purse: left or right side?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Green Goblin's man purse: left or right side?

File this under weird silly little things that kinda bug me.

When I was a kid Goblin's man purse seemed to always hang on his left side. The Mego 8 inch, Comic Action, Pocket Heroes, comics, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, etc. Even into the 90s with the Toy-Biz Marvel Super Heroes and Spider-Man Animated series, it was on his left side. As it darn well should be. But the last several years I've noticed the Goblin figures switching it to the right side, like with the recent Marvel Legends Goblin. It just doesn't look right to me and I have to switch it.

Does this bug anyone else? Are you compelled to switch his man purse to left side like the Mego figures? Ummm, probably not. Yes, well, never mind.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Strap has gotta be on HIS right shoulder ........... take it from somebody with OCD

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
      Strap has gotta be on HIS right shoulder ........... take it from somebody with OCD
      I think we are agreeing. The strap on his right shoulder with the purse pouch on his left hip. It just looks weird reversed.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
        I think we are agreeing. The strap on his right shoulder with the purse pouch on his left hip. It just looks weird reversed.
        It not only looks weird, it's wrong --- If not on the right shoulder you're messing with the balance of the universe --- Just put it on the right shoulder and leave it at that.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

First, it's a European carry-all...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Satchel. Bag of Tricks. Right shoulder to left hip. This is the placement that makes the most sense if you're right-handed, too. Yes.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Please try not to feminize the Green Goblin...

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Satchel. Bag of Tricks. Right shoulder to left hip. This is the placement that makes the most sense if you're right-handed, too. Yes.
                But what if he's ambidextrous???

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Then he'd wear it like a sporran.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                    Please try not to feminize the Green Goblin...
                    Because the lime green and magenta is so butch.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

I've always just called a purse a purse, no matter who used it, and never put any more thought to it. From what I understand, man purse or Murse is just what it's called now. This is just meant to be a light hearted thread about the silly little things that bug me about toys.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

Because the lime green and magenta is so butch.
                        Well played.

Assuming the Goblin is right handed, it would make sense for the satchel to rest on his left hip and the strap on his right shoulder; ergonomically, the best way to reach for a pumpkin bomb.
                        You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                          Creature Of The Night
                          • May 14, 2011

I'm more inclined to go with "Bag of Tricks". It's the only thing that's ever made any sense to me. How else could he draw so many Pumpkin Bombs from a slim-lined bulgeless satchel?

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure it was called that (at least at times) in the comics, too. GG had a vast array of Hallowe'en-themed gadgets that I'm not sure he uses now.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎