Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anybody excited for the eclipse on Monday?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Great doggie picture, ha...

The local Planetarium was fully packed, but didn't go, as I have ungoing commitments at home.

But it was foggy and overcast...so I didn't get any effect whatsoever...

Still cool as heck though...
    sigpic

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

My family went to Salem Oregon to see the eclipse totality, and it was amazing. The weather was perfect (no clouds) and it was eerie when it got dark in the middle of the day.

I didn't get a good picture of the sun, but here is some interesting shadows that a nearby tree made on the sidewalk just before the full eclipse:

Last edited by pmwasson; Aug 21, '17, 6:19 PM.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

cool little images of the sun. sort of a bazillion pinhole cameras caused by the small spaces between the leaves.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

That picture is amazing!! I went to Amity and didn't get any sort of strange effects like that. I was looking for the "snake effect". No eclipse pictures could ever depict what is really seen during totality. Totally astounding!

Originally posted by pmwasson
          My family went to Salem Oregon to see the eclipse totality, and it was amazing. The weather was perfect (no clouds) and it was eerie when it got dark in the middle of the day.

I didn't get a good picture of the sun, but here is some interesting shadows that a nearby tree made on the sidewalk just before the full eclipse:

Comment

• pmwasson
            Maker
            • Sep 12, 2007

My daughter and I definitely saw "shadow snakes" right after the totality.
            sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mego Magyar
              Permanent Member
              • Jan 17, 2011

This is what I got
              IMG_6088.jpg
              IMG_6089.jpg
              IMG_6090.jpg
              IMG_6091.jpg

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

I'm bummed out, nothing major in my neck of the woods, I didn't have the special glasses so I couldn't really look
                it did get a little shady briefly, but for the most part nothing special, it was partly cloudy anyway.

All kidding aside did anyone see any UFO's? (I'm told they can make an appearance when things like this happen)

Comment

• starsky
                  veteran member
                  • Aug 26, 2007

what eclipse? it was so overcast in my area that it wasn't even noticeable.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

You should enter that picture in somekinda photo contest or at least email it to your local news channel ...

Originally posted by pmwasson

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

I had to work, so I was tied up inside all day, plus the Path of Totality was about 180 miles south of here. HOWEVER, in 2024, the POT and even a point of total darkness will be in Bloomington, Indiana which is only a scant 40 miles up the interstate, so that's where I'll be. Some great photos, by the way, gang!
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎