Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginning of the end for The Walking Dead?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Beginning of the end for The Walking Dead?

http://www.superherohype.com/news/40...eries#/slide/1

Looks like everyone involved is suing AMC at this point. Including Kirkman . So what do you think? is this the beginning of the end for the show?
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

I was thinking that when I initially read the story. A show divided against too many people cannot long survive no matter how popular it is....
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

We all know what this is really about. The SDCC teaser shows Old Man Grimes. That's post-All Out War.

Lincoln's contract is up with season 9. The lawsuit, to me, means AMC either won't meet Lincoln's request, or he already told them he's done and AMC is planning on a cancellation/reboot to drop costs back to the floor. That would be enough to infuriate Hurd and Kirkman.

EDIT: why a reboot would make the producers sue is the budget would drop, but the ad rates wouldn't. So AMC would make more on less, and the producers would have to renegotiate, which I'm guessing they tried. As AMC has shown, they got no problem firing producers. That's the whole "vertical integration" beef.

Notice Scott Gimple is not involved? And he's openly talked about trying to bring in guys like Lindelof.
      Last edited by hedrap; Aug 15, '17, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

I'm a big fan. I never miss it. I still enjoy it. But fatigue is setting in. Same feeling as later seasons of LOST. That 'where are they going with this?' feeling. Perhaps if there's an endgame in sight, it will lead to more entertaining scripts and better pacing. Maybe this is a good thing, because the show needs a shot in the arm. There's something about television... I think I'm programmed to see three seasons as ideal (Star Trek, Batman). Often a show wears out its welcome. It's one reason I will always enjoy feature films to television. They are finite.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hedji
          I'm a big fan. I never miss it. I still enjoy it. But fatigue is setting in. Same feeling as later seasons of LOST. That 'where are they going with this?' feeling. Perhaps if there's an endgame in sight, it will lead to more entertaining scripts and better pacing. Maybe this is a good thing, because the show needs a shot in the arm. There's something about television... I think I'm programmed to see three seasons as ideal (Star Trek, Batman). Often a show wears out its welcome. It's one reason I will always enjoy feature films to television. They are finite.
          I dunno. SUPERNATURAL is heading into it's THIRTEENTH season this fall and I enjoy it as much as I ever have. It's all about the material, the writing and the acting. SPN has never taken itself too seriously which always keeps it entertaining, even during some of it's more absurd or slow episodes.
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• fallensaviour
            Talkative Member
            • Aug 28, 2006

I think it's pretty standard in the industry a lot of times.Many shows have gone through this type of thing and still pumped out shows for years after wards.
            It's rumoured AMC apparently has been with holding hundreds of millions for years from actors and kirkman as well as others,
            frank darabont more specifically has been suing them (amc) for 280million since season 2 for their practices.
            Last edited by fallensaviour; Aug 22, '17, 3:02 PM.
            “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎