Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jimbutsu
    I feel like your typo here might actually end up being more prophetic than erroneous. I have a very real fear that WB's learnings from WW are going to be "people like DC movies now" - which is NOT what they need to take away from that picture's success.
    Not a typo, it was German.

One would hope they could figure out why WW was a success but you're probably correct in your fears.

I am imagining a very weird Frankensteiny film that has real bumpy tonal shifts.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      Yeah and this whole revision is likely die to Wonder Woman being a hit with much better legs than predicted.
      Wonder Woman has great legs, period...

sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I should have seen that coming.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
          And Batman, in my opinion.
          I highly disagree. Miller's Batman was the best thing for that character, as he became the Chuck Norris of comics, almost god-like and an unstoppable force...able to punk Superman and others at will...this was not the case before DKR...as he was a powered down caped detective vigilante...along the lines of Daredevil. Batman, thanks to Miller, has now morphed into a superhero who can now take on superpowered entities not possible before...Batman's legend and prowess just grew a grew. Chris Nolan's trilogy made tons of money too...Batman replaced Superman as DC Comics number one superhero. All thanks to Miller.

Miller...Batman...A+
          Miller...Superman...F
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            I should have seen that coming.

sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

JL can't be worse than Homecoming. Talk about unwatchable.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
                I highly disagree. Miller's Batman was the best thing for that character, as he became the Chuck Norris of comics, almost god-like and an unstoppable force...able to punk Superman and others at will...this was not the case before DKR...as he was a powered down caped detective vigilante...along the lines of Daredevil. Batman, thanks to Miller, has now morphed into a superhero who can now take on superpowered entities not possible before...Batman's legend and prowess just grew a grew. Chris Nolan's trilogy made tons of money too...Batman replaced Superman as DC Comics number one superhero. All thanks to Miller.

Miller...Batman...A+
                Miller...Superman...F
                And that's precisely why he ruined Batman. Batman isn't a superhero. He never was. Making him godlike and able to defeat Kryptonians is so utterly ridiculous it's not even funny. Superman could fly him into the sun before he could pull a single gadget out of his belt. Batman was never better IMO than in the seventies. He had gone back to his darker roots, but was still a fun character, and the stories from that era really showcased his skills as a detective. He's been reduced to an obsessive brutalizing thug who relies far too much on technology.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
                  Wonder Woman has great legs, period...

Holy Cow, Hector!!! You just made my day, bro!!! If only I could use THAT as my wallpaper at work...!!!!
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Colonel Sanders never made thighs like those.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

I'm finding that nowadays with fandom in general (not just superheroes) everyone has their own personal canon, their own personal paradigm of what a character and story should be. Batman was indeed best in the 1970s (in the comics). The Denny O'Neill stuff, the Marshall Rogers stories... Batman was a dark detective who still wore blue and sang Silent Night on Christmas. Absurd, but it worked. They had struck the right balance of an appealing personality, an incredible detective, and a superhero without "powers". The tone was mysterious and intriguing instead of depressing.

DC and WB has their work cut out for them to identify the sweet spot that will appeal to multiple denominators. Fans of the video games, fans of the comics, Nolan fans... I'm afraid that the heroic guy in Blue I grew up with is now considered obtuse and not on the radar of marketability.

I still think this film will end up being very watchable, and somewhat enjoyable. It will be flawed and likely uneven in spots, but I think it will be entertaining.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                        Again, I think everyone has their own personal canon. I loved Homecoming, and felt very satisfied with it, even though it didn't completely fit my personal idea of what a perfect Spidey film ought to be.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

So unwatchable, I saw it twice!

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                            Holy Cow, Hector!!! You just made my day, bro!!! If only I could use THAT as my wallpaper at work...!!!!
                            You are welcome!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                              Colonel Sanders never made thighs like those.
                              No, he didn't...ha...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                                And that's precisely why he ruined Batman. Batman isn't a superhero. He never was. Making him godlike and able to defeat Kryptonians is so utterly ridiculous it's not even funny. Superman could fly him into the sun before he could pull a single gadget out of his belt. Batman was never better IMO than in the seventies. He had gone back to his darker roots, but was still a fun character, and the stories from that era really showcased his skills as a detective. He's been reduced to an obsessive brutalizing thug who relies far too much on technology.
                                Good points. But my take is that it elevated Batman to the top, causing the classic Batman fans like you hating to hate it, but euphoria to the newer Batman fanatics...they LOVE this present day super-powered Batman, a Batman capable of completely obscuring the sun with his BatSunShadow Gun (I made it up, but you get my drift, lol), a near god-like character, capable of defeating the universe. Yes, I also miss the world's greatest detective. Batman should be more Daredevil, less Superman.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎