Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Batman was very fallible in the bronze age. His rogues gallery is predicated on that fallibility. I just don't have much interest in a Batman that is so superlative. And distressingly, DC has made him (pun intended) bat-spit crazy to balance out that invincibility.

I gave up reading and caring about comics Batman decades ago, except for the short Dini run. As Hedji says, I have my own gestalt idea of what is "perfect" Batman--I doubt we'll ever see anything close to it in new stories.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by huedell
      It seems like Aquaman is the new Wolverine...I mean Lobo...I mean, well, you get it. Right?
      Indeed I do. Egad I want you to be wrong but I'd bet you're not.

Aquaman and Capt. Marvel are my favorites heroes, very unique and open to such varied stories. I don't want to see Arthur Curry reduced to a fishy pastiche of another hero in some narrow-minded attempt to make him "cool."

Aquaman, ironically, has been well-served in his New 52 and Rebirth stories. The writers have worked hard to depict his public persona, private responsibilities, his relationship with Mera and his foes--and to depict him with a clearly-defined personality.

A personality which is not Conan the Atlantean, I must add.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
        Good points. But my take is that it elevated Batman to the top, causing the classic Batman fans like you hating to hate it, but euphoria to the newer Batman fanatics...they LOVE this present day super-powered Batman, a Batman capable of completely obscuring the sun with his BatSunShadow Gun (I made it up, but you get my drift, lol), a near god-like character, capable of defeating the universe. Yes, I also miss the world's greatest detective. Batman should be more Daredevil, less Superman.
        Yes, they do...which is a shame, because the current incarnation really isn't Batman. It's funny, because DC had actually gotten it really, really right before Frank Miller, DKR or even the Killing Joke. Remember the Super Powers cartoon episode "The Fear" ? It came out in 1985 and was just as good if not better than the best of Batman TAS and predated it by seven years. Perfect balance of light and dark. It remains my favorite Batman episode of anything.

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by enyawd72
          Remember the Super Powers cartoon episode "The Fear" ?
          I don't, but here it is!

Having my first ever look-see now.
          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            So unwatchable, I saw it twice!

Chris

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
              Yeah and this whole revision is likely die to Wonder Woman being a hit with much better legs than predicted.
              Yep. If anything, it appears she killed off gritty DCU. The most noticable change has been what's getting movement on the slate from pre-WW opening to now. Shazam went from death's door to full announcements while JL Dark went from Suicide Squad fill-in to total limbo.

I'm waiting for that Booster Gold project to be revamped into "Chris Pratt as Deadpool"

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

I remember when early footage of WW was seen and people said it was awful.
                It is inappropriate to evaluate artwork before it is finished.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

I agree. I imagine it will be watchable, and even quite entertaining, flaws and all. I've had to grudgingly accept it'll never be the Justice League I grew up with, but I'll still be there opening night.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                    I agree. I imagine it will be watchable, and even quite entertaining, flaws and all. I've had to grudgingly accept it'll never be the Justice League I grew up with, but I'll still be there opening night.
                    Precisely this. I've long made peace with the fact that there will never be a live action Super Friends movie. (although I think that would be completely awesome, and extremely marketable) But I'll be surprised if they really, truly don't learn from the mistakes of BvS and Suicide Squad.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                      Persistent Member
                      • Sep 3, 2009

fan made trailer

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Reviving this thread for this. I hope this is true, because I could not STAND that version of Lex Luthor. They need to sweep that character aside in this universe, or use Flashpoint to rethink/recast.

According to Batman-News.com, sources who have attended an early screening of the "Justice League" movie report that there was no appearance at all by Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. In December 2016 Warner Bros. sent out their 2017 movie preview press kit, which included a cast listing for "Justice League", and Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Ding Ding Ding Ding

I just hope WB has scrapped the concept of Michael Cera as Brainiac.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 10, 2009

I got no faith in Whedon...but...he's apparently made a few smart choices.

Darkseid was supposedly all-in by the third act, but he pulled him back for the sequel.

They scrapped most of Barry Allen as that version is from a script they're no longer using.

Cyborg gone under some big changes, as alluded to by the actor.

And Luthor is gonzo.

That's pretty good. Sounds like a call was made to harnass in around Batman and WW, simplify the storyline.

And that, if anything, was Snyder's biggest weakpoint; kitchen sink writing. Zack's a self-indulgent creator and when you read interviews with him, he's aware of it and treats it as just rewards. Nolan did the same thing with DK Rises and it's a surefire way to let a story spin out of control.

Hoping for the best. Preparing for a total retread of first Avengers but, thanks to Snyder, way better action scenes.

Comment

• huedell
                              Museum Ball Eater
                              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by hedrap
                              I got no faith in Whedon... but... Snyder's biggest weakpoint; kitchen sink writing. Zack's a self-indulgent creator ... Preparing for a total retread of first Avengers ...
                              Sounds good to me.

With that in mind, here's my order: I'd like one Justice League ala Force Awakens. That's: Heavy on the Original Trilogy beloved stuff, hold the Prequels despised stuff, and overall movie stuff that goes down as easy as your date on prom night... to go... please.
                              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

Another news bit that may point toward this movie being going in the right direction...but I wish they'd kept this under wraps until I was in the theater.

MUSICAL SPOILERS

When Joss Whedon stepped in to take over from Zack Snyder on "Justice League" (with Snyder stepping down due to a family tragedy), one of the first things he did was assign Danny Elfman to score the film, replacing Junkie XL in that position. In an interview with Billboard Danny Elfman talks about embracing certain

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎