Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
    As long as it doesn’t suck like Batman “MARTHA” Superman...then I’m okay with those reviews, lol...
    Superman is coming back in this, just how much time he has in the film remains the mystery.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
      Superman is coming back in this, just how much time he has in the film remains the mystery.
      I heard he will be sporting a beard...good grief...I hope he shaves it off quick...
      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

SO according to teh interwebs, it's good, not great
        I think "good' is about as much as we could hope for, given the last-minute course correction away from the maligned BvS tract, and two directors in the kitchen.

"Good" is fine by me. I'm starting to look forward to it a bit more. Guardedly optimistic is my stance.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• phil
          Persistent Member
          • May 11, 2007

I will probley see it Friday but have low expectations.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^ Ditto.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hector
              I heard he will be sporting a beard...good grief...I hope he shaves it off quick...
              Hmph! It's more likely to happed for your favorite hero than mine...
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Hey, Superman with a beard can rock in a temporary fashion. The "Exile" storyline in the comics, and of course the hella-awesome JL episodes, "Hereafter, Parts 1 & 2"!!!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Hey, Superman with a beard can rock in a temporary fashion. The "Exile" storyline in the comics, and of course the hella-awesome JL episodes, "Hereafter, Parts 1 & 2"!!!

Chris
                  Seeing that Timmverse reference in this thread, I can't help but think how a "Martha" reference the Timmverse used in Justice League that brought the "evil/mirror" Batman back from the brink "rocked" as well.

That said: The "Martha" thing was (one of) the least of BvS's problems as far as I was concerned. BvS was okay...WW a bit better...

Bottom line: I'm going into this Justice League movie with the rosiest colored glasses ever.

This is the first "real deal" Super Friends movie... and it deserves all my bias I can muster.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

Saw a sneak preview on Saturday night..."not great, not terrible" about summed it up for me. Superman has a fairly decent amount of screen time, still don't care for Batfleck, Irons' Alfred or Adams' Lois,, plenty of levity (Flash is basically "comic relief"), Wonder Woman still rocks, Cyborg & Aquaman didn't make much of an impression on me either way.

Looking forward to reading what the rest of you think about it.

Edited to add: Awesome highlight for me was watching it with a very large crowd of active service members. Cyborg's "Boo-yah" prompted a loud and enthusiastic responsive "Boo-Yah" from at least 95% of the audience. That moment alone made it a memorable night for me.
                    Last edited by Dark Shadow; Nov 14, '17, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

WOOF! "not great, not terrible" is possibly the worst review you can get. What's worse than bland?
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

^BvS?

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^BvS?

Chris
                          Maybe. I couldn't get thru it!

It did cause a reaction, so there's that.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

I'm going Sunday. Looking forward to Elfman's score.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Hope to see it Saturday or Sunday.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

I downloaded the score from Apple Music and have listened to it a couple of times now. There are some really great nods to past DC movie scores, Elfman's own '89 BATMAN score being, of course, the most predominant, but bits and pieces of Williams' SUPERMAN theme are interwoven as well. I could swear I hear a hint of TV FLASH (current iteration) music tossed in, too. The one thing Elfman does that I didn't like was water down WW's signature theme music to a more orchestral and violin-based approach rather than the electric cello it's usually played on; kind of drains it of it's energy a bit, IMHO. Overall, however, it's a pretty nice score...
                                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎