Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Oh boy...

Poor Justice League. No matter how much good Warner Bros. does, the upcoming pic just can't catch a break. Even after the smashing success of Wonder Woman, and a thrilling Comic-Con trailer for Zack Snyder/Joss Whedon's team-up film that was very promising, negative buzz continues to surround it. That doesn't change today, either, with a follow-up report coming in that expands a bit on what we heard last night.

sigpic
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

It looks....umm.......

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

looks super watchable to me
      not worried ,im sure ill enjoy it on some level ,like most of the comic book movies ive waited most of my life to see

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Primary colors are not the enemy.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• warlock664
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by toothaction
          Primary colors are not the enemy.

I expect this to be a cheerless, dour mess, like all the other DC films, with the exception of Wonder Woman.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Watched the SDCC trailer and saw some pretty significant improvements on the previous trailers, including some really nice, iconic shots of various characters. I liked the reference to "no Lanterns," which tells us that they ARE out there and will show up eventually.There were, of course, still some wince-worthy moments, as well (hello Iron Cyborg and Flash-with-a-still-crappy-outfit).

I'm glad to hear they're doing some reshoots to try and straighten some stuff out, but there's also a wee bit of me that fears they'll take said reshoots too far and turn this into the same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films (courtesy of corporate directives from The Big Mouse, I'm sure.)

JUSTICE LEAGUE is a movie that requires it's own tone and feel because, unlike other super-hero movies, we are dealing with true legends, true giants----Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman---characters who basically birthed the era of the tights and capes and masks. I'm a big fan of both Marvel and DC characters, but whereas Marvel's characters are iconic, DC's characters, at least the big trinity, are ICONS and should be treated as such.

Guess we'll see what happens come November...
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Batman-on-Film is shill site. Jett reports what WB marketing wants him to get out. Just like Whedon was "just doing cleanup" was bs from the start, "unwatchable" is more the same.

The change to ATT personnel has started so WB people are desperate to keep their jobs. The JL budget is insane by this point, so why not blame the guy who can't defend himself?

Say what you want about Snyder's choices, but his movies are not unwatchable. We may not like his creative decisions, but the end product is as cohesive as Michael Bay, Furious or any other big studio action film.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by hedrap
                Say what you want about Snyder's choices, but his movies are not unwatchable. We may not like his creative decisions, but the end product is as cohesive as Michael Bay, Furious or any other big studio action film.
                Agree with you, hedrap, regarding Snyder's films. Heck, I enjoy the heck out of his DAWN OF THE DEAD remake and, despite the constant badgering WATCHMEN, MOS and BvS receive from any number of sources, I find that I actually enjoy them more upon repeated viewing. Bringing these characters to the big screen is a lot of hard work and, while Snyder's takes on some of the material is far from perfect, it was still done and could have been done much, much, much worse in the hands of another director.

I guess what you have to ask yourself is this; if you're watching let's say MOS or BvS, before you criticize too harshly, think if YOU had made the films. Could you have done what Snyder did in the time allotted and with what was, I'm sure, the suits at WB constantly interjecting their two cents?
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I liked Watchmen and won't apologize for doing so-but I don't want to see the classic DCU "Watchmanized."

(lol That said, Dr. Manhattan did seem to rescue the comics from the New 52.)
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

When I don't give the immensely more talented Nolan a pass, I'm surely not going to give Snyder a pass.

I know what I like from a film director... and I know what film directors I don't like because they have disappointed me with their so-called "talent".

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                    I'm glad to hear they're doing some reshoots to try and straighten some stuff out, but there's also a wee bit of me that fears they'll take said reshoots too far and turn this into the same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films (courtesy of corporate directives from The Big Mouse, I'm sure.)
                    I'll take what you call "same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films" if that's what The Force Awakens and Spider-Man: Homecoming are, any day over what Snyder has wrought upon this film world's superhero fans ANY day.
                    Last edited by huedell; Aug 14, '17, 4:53 AM.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by huedell
                      When I don't give the immensely more talented Nolan a pass, I'm surely not going to give Snyder a pass.

I know what I like from a film director... and I know what film directors I don't like because they have disappointed me with their so-called "talent".

I'll take what you call "same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films" if that's what The Force Awakens and Spider-Man: Homecoming are, any day over what Snyder has wrought upon this film world's superhero fans ANY day.
                      What does Marvel Studios have to do with Star Wars?
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
                        Museum Ball Eater
                        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        What does Marvel Studios have to do with Star Wars?
                        I was taking Disney's input into consideration.... admittedly Marvel and Lucasfilm DO have a substantial influence on their own films.
                        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

I liked Snyder's 300.
                          sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                            • Jun 16, 2001

I enjoyed Watchmen and 300, Snyder got the tone very right on both of those films.

He's been unsuccessful with Superman to me because it doesn't fit in that "Grimdark, Miller esque" vibe he's in love with. It's like he keeps shoving this cube through a round hole. I'm super bored of Miller influenced Batman, I'd like a new take.
                            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toothaction
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 15, 2017

Me, I'm just marvelling at 'as cohesives as Michael Bay' being intended as a sort-of complement.

The friendliest way I can think to put it is that Mr. Snyder's artistic sensibilities - at root, even before whatever obfuscations the moneypeoples lay on the tracks - are not for me, and, beginning mid-way through my time at a movie theatre during the initial run of 300, I have learned to feel a great sense of disappointment whenever I see that his name is attached to a property that I care about.
                              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎