Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5891011 LastLast

Thread: Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    As long as it doesn’t suck like Batman “MARTHA” Superman...then I’m okay with those reviews, lol...
    Superman is coming back in this, just how much time he has in the film remains the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Marion View Post
    Superman is coming back in this, just how much time he has in the film remains the mystery.
    I heard he will be sporting a beard...good grief...I hope he shaves it off quick...

Images
    SO according to teh interwebs, it's good, not great
    I think "good' is about as much as we could hope for, given the last-minute course correction away from the maligned BvS tract, and two directors in the kitchen.

"Good" is fine by me. I'm starting to look forward to it a bit more. Guardedly optimistic is my stance.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

I will probley see it Friday but have low expectations.

Images
    ^ Ditto.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    I heard he will be sporting a beard...good grief...I hope he shaves it off quick...
    Hmph! It's more likely to happed for your favorite hero than mine...
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Hey, Superman with a beard can rock in a temporary fashion. The "Exile" storyline in the comics, and of course the hella-awesome JL episodes, "Hereafter, Parts 1 & 2"!!!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Hey, Superman with a beard can rock in a temporary fashion. The "Exile" storyline in the comics, and of course the hella-awesome JL episodes, "Hereafter, Parts 1 & 2"!!!

Chris
    Seeing that Timmverse reference in this thread, I can't help but think how a "Martha" reference the Timmverse used in Justice League that brought the "evil/mirror" Batman back from the brink "rocked" as well.

That said: The "Martha" thing was (one of) the least of BvS's problems as far as I was concerned. BvS was okay...WW a bit better...

Bottom line: I'm going into this Justice League movie with the rosiest colored glasses ever.

This is the first "real deal" Super Friends movie... and it deserves all my bias I can muster.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Images
    Saw a sneak preview on Saturday night..."not great, not terrible" about summed it up for me. Superman has a fairly decent amount of screen time, still don't care for Batfleck, Irons' Alfred or Adams' Lois,, plenty of levity (Flash is basically "comic relief"), Wonder Woman still rocks, Cyborg & Aquaman didn't make much of an impression on me either way.

Looking forward to reading what the rest of you think about it.

Edited to add: Awesome highlight for me was watching it with a very large crowd of active service members. Cyborg's "Boo-yah" prompted a loud and enthusiastic responsive "Boo-Yah" from at least 95% of the audience. That moment alone made it a memorable night for me.
    Last edited by Dark Shadow; Nov 14, '17 at 10:19 PM.

WOOF! "not great, not terrible" is possibly the worst review you can get. What's worse than bland?