Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

It looks....umm.......

looks super watchable to me
    not worried ,im sure ill enjoy it on some level ,like most of the comic book movies ive waited most of my life to see

Primary colors are not the enemy.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Quote Originally Posted by toothaction View Post
    Primary colors are not the enemy.

I expect this to be a cheerless, dour mess, like all the other DC films, with the exception of Wonder Woman.

Images
    Watched the SDCC trailer and saw some pretty significant improvements on the previous trailers, including some really nice, iconic shots of various characters. I liked the reference to "no Lanterns," which tells us that they ARE out there and will show up eventually.There were, of course, still some wince-worthy moments, as well (hello Iron Cyborg and Flash-with-a-still-crappy-outfit).

I'm glad to hear they're doing some reshoots to try and straighten some stuff out, but there's also a wee bit of me that fears they'll take said reshoots too far and turn this into the same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films (courtesy of corporate directives from The Big Mouse, I'm sure.)

JUSTICE LEAGUE is a movie that requires it's own tone and feel because, unlike other super-hero movies, we are dealing with true legends, true giants----Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman---characters who basically birthed the era of the tights and capes and masks. I'm a big fan of both Marvel and DC characters, but whereas Marvel's characters are iconic, DC's characters, at least the big trinity, are ICONS and should be treated as such.

Guess we'll see what happens come November...
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    Batman-on-Film is shill site. Jett reports what WB marketing wants him to get out. Just like Whedon was "just doing cleanup" was bs from the start, "unwatchable" is more the same.

The change to ATT personnel has started so WB people are desperate to keep their jobs. The JL budget is insane by this point, so why not blame the guy who can't defend himself?

Say what you want about Snyder's choices, but his movies are not unwatchable. We may not like his creative decisions, but the end product is as cohesive as Michael Bay, Furious or any other big studio action film.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hedrap View Post
    Say what you want about Snyder's choices, but his movies are not unwatchable. We may not like his creative decisions, but the end product is as cohesive as Michael Bay, Furious or any other big studio action film.
    Agree with you, hedrap, regarding Snyder's films. Heck, I enjoy the heck out of his DAWN OF THE DEAD remake and, despite the constant badgering WATCHMEN, MOS and BvS receive from any number of sources, I find that I actually enjoy them more upon repeated viewing. Bringing these characters to the big screen is a lot of hard work and, while Snyder's takes on some of the material is far from perfect, it was still done and could have been done much, much, much worse in the hands of another director.

I guess what you have to ask yourself is this; if you're watching let's say MOS or BvS, before you criticize too harshly, think if YOU had made the films. Could you have done what Snyder did in the time allotted and with what was, I'm sure, the suits at WB constantly interjecting their two cents?
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    I liked Watchmen and won't apologize for doing so-but I don't want to see the classic DCU "Watchmanized."

(lol That said, Dr. Manhattan did seem to rescue the comics from the New 52.)
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; Tin Man YBR box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 brown body; POTA knife; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    When I don't give the immensely more talented Nolan a pass, I'm surely not going to give Snyder a pass.

I know what I like from a film director... and I know what film directors I don't like because they have disappointed me with their so-called "talent".

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldknight47 View Post
    I'm glad to hear they're doing some reshoots to try and straighten some stuff out, but there's also a wee bit of me that fears they'll take said reshoots too far and turn this into the same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films (courtesy of corporate directives from The Big Mouse, I'm sure.)
    I'll take what you call "same, bland, homogenized pablum that MARVEL Studios has been putting out for their last films" if that's what The Force Awakens and Spider-Man: Homecoming are, any day over what Snyder has wrought upon this film world's superhero fans ANY day.
    Last edited by huedell; Aug 14, '17 at 4:53 AM.
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix