Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made...

Images
    ^BvS?

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    ^BvS?

Chris
    Maybe. I couldn't get thru it!

It did cause a reaction, so there's that.

I'm going Sunday. Looking forward to Elfman's score.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Images
    Hope to see it Saturday or Sunday.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I downloaded the score from Apple Music and have listened to it a couple of times now. There are some really great nods to past DC movie scores, Elfman's own '89 BATMAN score being, of course, the most predominant, but bits and pieces of Williams' SUPERMAN theme are interwoven as well. I could swear I hear a hint of TV FLASH (current iteration) music tossed in, too. The one thing Elfman does that I didn't like was water down WW's signature theme music to a more orchestral and violin-based approach rather than the electric cello it's usually played on; kind of drains it of it's energy a bit, IMHO. Overall, however, it's a pretty nice score...
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

I saw a preview showing Aquaman flying? I'm guessing this will be better than BvS, but not that much better. I'll wait a few days after the opening when all the excitement dies down.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    WOOF! "not great, not terrible" is possibly the worst review you can get. What's worse than bland?
    I've seen maybe five "great" films and dozens of "terrible" ones in the past 25 years, In the same time frame I've seen hundreds of films that I consider to be either very bad, really bad, mostly bad, bad, good, mostly good, pretty good, really good, very good, fun, lots of fun, entertaining, very entertaining, better than expected, worth the price of admission, glad I saw it but wouldn't likely see it again, etc. Plenty of grey in my movie going experiences.

My "not terrible, not great" is simply a quick stamp meant to convey that it was not a simple experience for me. There were things about it that: I liked, I loved, I enjoyed, I resented, I hated, I was bored by, I rolled my eyes at, I applauded, I laughed along with, I laughed at, made me smile, made me gringe, etc..

Not much else I can say about this film, without getting into spoiler specifics...and this is not the time or place for that to happen.

Until then...Mum's The Word from me.

^ Haha! Ok. I still can't tell if overall you enjoyed it or not.

Images
    43% on RT, but what a load of crap you have to wade through to get the score. Ugh! Not worth my time anymore if this is going to become the new norm...
    Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Images
    What's going to hurt this movie is not Snyder, Whedon, Affleck, etc...it's producing something artificial with the most iconic super-team in history. This is the Superfriends for goddsakes.

Marvel didn't have this problem because Avengers never had a pop culture footprint outside the superhero venues. To the GA, the movie Avengers was closer to Towering Inferno, Con Air or Ocean's Eleven; talent brought together for one big event.

But JL reminds me of the Power Rangers reboot and how the need to follow a trend killed the entire concept's value to the market. The trailers look like a total reinvention of a dead property...except it's the JLA. It's literally been on TV in some form, for my entire freakin life! 45 years of the Justice League, and I'm looking at something that could be spliced with Pacific Rim and not miss a beat.

You could look at older threads where we talked about this. I mentioned repeatedly that if this experiment goes awry, WB is in deep trouble. It's no coincidence the ATT merger is going on at the same time. It's not because of one movie, it's due to WB not being able to capitalize on their ip. CW does a better job, but the return is minor compared to a mega-film.