Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBC to reboot the Munsters

Images

NBC to reboot the Munsters

The Munsters vs hipsters. I'll watch it.

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-muns...rs-1202146048/
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Jerry O’Connell as Herman Munster ?

That's just weird
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    do we really need another remake of this? the original show, although a classic now, did not last long. the two attempted reboots failed, including the Jerry O'Connell pilot from 2012

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    the two attempted reboots failed,
    Six, six reboots. First there was the Mini-Munsters cartoon pilot, which was intended to go to series, but didn't. I hear that The Munsters' Revenge was supposed to be a pilot for a revival that didn't get picked up. Then there was the Munsters Today, which was actually quitely successful, even outlasting the original series by a single episode. After that there were two TV movies (Here Come the Munsters, The Munsters' Scary Little Christmas) which both had completely different casts from one another. Finally there was Mockingbird Lane, and we all know how that turned out. So five times out of six, rebooting the Munsters has been unsuccessful.
    The hands that grip.

Images
    I'm not a great Munsters fan; I prefer the Addams Family.

But, I don't begrudge any of these efforts. Doubtless Uni wants to retain their copyright, and I think there are things to enjoy in all of these adaptations. If a die-hard fan didn't embrace them, there's always the original to continue to enjoy.

As with the Addams, I think you can cherry-pick the versions that appeal to you. Both properties are unlikely to garner huge ratings amongst a broad audience.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; Tin Man YBR box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 brown body; POTA knife; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    do we really need another remake of this? the original show, although a classic now, did not last long. the two attempted reboots failed, including the Jerry O'Connell pilot from 2012
    I actually didn't mind the John Schuck "The Munsters Today" remake ... especially thought Howard Morton as Grampa was crazy-good casting and very watchable.
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    ^ I agree, Mikey.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; Tin Man YBR box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 brown body; POTA knife; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I would be all onboard for an Addams Family reboot... but I don't see the need for yet another Munsters reboot.

Love the classic Munsters tv show, Grandpa was my favorite, and thought the first Marilynn was much prettier than
    the second. I also enjoyed the Adams Family too, loved Lurch and cousin It.

I didn't think much of the two Munster movies they made with the original cast, except that it was made in color
    and as far as I know the original cast of the Adams Family never made a movie.

I think the Adams family would be a better fit as a reboot then a Munsters one.

Images
    I like Munsters Go Home, but for some reason, my daughter bypasses that one most of the time and goes for Munster's Revenge on the same DVD set. It's okay, but it screams "80s TV movie" and not in a good way. She really likes Bob Hastings as the Phantom of the Opera for some inconceivable reason.

But hey, she's watching the Munsters, so I'm not complaining!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif