Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman and Harley Quinn Animated Movie TAS!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

If you're not expecting, which I wasn't, it's a stunner.

I don't know why Timm is doing this. In a Bakshi way, it's really weird to take something he [I]knows[I] kids are going to watch and dirty it up for no intrinsic reason. I don't see Tartakovsky going this route out of boredom or whatever. Honestly makes me wonder about Timm...

...but the opening credits are awesome. It's Shag's take on BTAS, then animated. I used to think Shag's work should be the basis of a Batman '66 toon revival.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I tried watching this with my kids and ended up shutting it off pretty early on, I believe right around Robin punching Harley in the face. I'll stick with Brave and bold with them. Didn't like this edge.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

it wasn't for me either, i don't hate edgy things but not in the wrapper of something that wasn't i guess.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I'm old fashioned in the sense that I dislike the idea of anything comic book related not being kid friendly. In my opinion, a Batman cartoon should be suitable for a seven year old to watch with their Dad but times have changed.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

I watched this months ago and thought it was pretty bad. I can get behind making an edgy animated movie, but loading it with fart jokes to be edgy is not very impressive. Maybe they were aiming at the Robot Chicken audience.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^There's this notion in TV animation at WB that nothing can be sincere. Everything has to have some level of snark or irreverence. If it doesn't look like Family Guy or Adventure Time it's out, and even stuff that looks traditional is shoving in material aimed at the adult swim crowd.

Timm certainly has his naughty side, and I can appreciate his work in that direction, but I'd rather he keep it out of his Batman work for the most part. Especially in a movie.

There's a place for all that, but fans would have much rather seen a true BTAS sequel.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I didn't mind it. I did think they cast Dick Grayson as an idiot though. still, not a bad movie overall, IMHO

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  ^There's this notion in TV animation at WB that nothing can be sincere. Everything has to have some level of snark or irreverence. If it doesn't look like Family Guy or Adventure Time it's out, and even stuff that looks traditional is shoving in material aimed at the adult swim crowd.

Chris
                  I think you nailed it. I didn't consider the Adult Swim obsession. That would explain why WB gave this a go ahead, while knowing BTAS fans would be shocked by it.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 11, 2013

I wanted to like this movie, but like the rest they made some bad mistakes. I did like the fact that they introduced Sarge Steel into the DC Animated Universe. For some reason I like the henchmens hangout bar, that was naughty enough.

That bad side:
                    * Superbabes
                    * Harley/Nightwing fight & sex scene
                    * Harley farts

I still trying to figure out just what was up with Swamp Thing at the end???
                    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡