Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman and Harley Quinn Animated Movie TAS!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Batman and Harley Quinn Animated Movie TAS!

DC is fun again.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Trying to decide if I want to make the trek to the "Big City" to see this on Monday night in theaters. Very interested, but kind of burned by Batman: The Killing Joke. Loved "Return of the Caped Crusaders!

Either way, I'm buying it on Blu as soon as it hits.

CHris
    sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
      Original Member
      • Jun 25, 2001

Look at the stickers on the wall at the booth. I LOVE that!!
      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

looks great. I will buy it as soon as it hits, just like all the other DC offerings

Comment

• filmation batman fan
          The Man of Many Voices
          • Aug 30, 2005

My fiancee and I are going to see it this evening. Kevin Conroy is always my favorite Batman and I cannot wait to hear Loren Lester back as Nightwing, considering Nightwing was more of a minor character in the New Batman Adventures, and he disappeared from Mystery of the Batwoman and his whereabouts were unknown in Batman Beyond. I'm guessing they are the only 2 cast members from BTAS since Efrem Zimbalist Jr and Bob Hastings are now deceased and I wonder what happened to Diane Pershing the original voice of Poison Ivy. As a fan of the Big Bang Theory, I love Melissa Rausch as Bernadette and I've always thought she would be great as Harley Quinn live or in voice, so her casting is a wish come true. Definitely can't wait to see it in the theater tonight and buy the bluray.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Man, I've got to start paying more attention to fathom special events. They can be expensive, but the chances to see some of this stuff on an XD screen is next to none.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I decided to skip the theatrical release on this one. How was it?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I really liked it! Surely not for kids, in my opinion. Parts of it did have me laughing. Harley was super great!

Comment

• Z-man 307
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Mar 15, 2010

I agree. It was really good and included some cool music. Definitely more adult focused with a good bit of sexual innuendo!

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

*"Ask Dr Quinn": BwaHaHaHahahahaha :-) :-)

*I always like seeing the relationship between Harley & Pammy; a nice perspective on their contemporary developments, as all relationships grow.

*Making fun of Nightwing's old hairstyle was funny

*Woodrue & (friggin monstrous oversized) Holland's connection was interesting, IMO
                    Last edited by comicmike; Aug 17, '17, 5:42 AM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by filmation batman fan
                      I'm guessing they are the only 2 cast members from BTAS since Efrem Zimbalist Jr and Bob Hastings are now deceased and I wonder what happened to Diane Pershing the original voice of Poison Ivy.
                      From what I see on the interwebs, Pershing is still alive and well. I'm usually a little distressed when voices are recast. I enjoy David Ogden Stiers, but his Penguin was lackluster.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 18, '17, 5:38 PM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Diane Pershing has been doing lots of interviews on podcasts like Batman: The Animated Podcast and Comic Book Central, and still sounds great. Not sure why she was recast.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

I received this for Christmas and was unimpressed. Didn't like the design of Woodrue at all. The overall structure and tone of the film bothered me. I like the voice performances for the most part and some of the references and comedic bits, but it seemed to me somewhat skeevy instead of clever.

The Swamp Thing appearance made me scratch my head. Perhaps I just saw it in the wrong mood, but I can't imagine re-watching it.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^I still haven't bought or watched it. At this point I'll wait for it to go on sale. I heard it wasn't all it should have been, and went "skeevy" as you put it. I wish these creators would stop trying to be edgy just because they can. The original Timmverse product ran as adult as anything should with these characters in my opinion. It was a perfect balance between kid-friendly action and mature storytelling.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              ^I wish these creators would stop trying to be edgy just because they can. The original Timmverse product ran as adult as anything should with these characters in my opinion. It was a perfect balance between kid-friendly action and mature storytelling.

Chris
                              My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎