• Show
Clear All
  • Your pal, Jim
    Museum Patron
    • Apr 3, 2015

These have arrived in Thrillwaukee!

Fresh outta the shipping box:

And opened, with a few tucks (and a swap out for Batgirl's belt:

Overall, I'm very happy. The paint on Dr. Fate's ears seems kinda sloppy (like a repaint) and the choice for Batgirl's boots remain disappointing. Worst of all, Red Tornado's face has some ill-advised attempts at shading that didn't show up in the pic. But hey - a Doctor Fate Mego. What a time to be alive!
    Last edited by Your pal, Jim; Sep 14, '17, 8:12 PM.

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

I got mine today including batgirl(which wasn't a needed figure as I have the grey version but what the heck) I got the fist fighter ones because I wanted the SP cards and I am pretty pleased with these.the heads are the right size and don't bobblehead.I just wish FTC would forego the soft.afraid they will rip boots,belts and gloves and go back to the old mego like ones.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
        Persistent Member
        • Apr 28, 2013

Those are a freaking fantastic group of figures. They look great. Maybe the flame on Firestorm' head it a little short but he still looks great.

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

Video reviews:
          MEGO DR. FATE FIST FIGHTER FIGURE REVIEW CHECK IT OUT MEGO FANS FIGURES TOY COMPANY NEW FIST FIGHTER LINE-UP STARTS WITH DR. FATE FIST FIGHTER!!!!!! A TRUE ...

MEGO FIST FIGHTER FIRESTORM FIGURE REVIEW CHECK IT OUT MEGO FANS AND DC COMICS FANS FIGURES TOY COMPANY NEW RELEASE OF FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MAN FIST FIGHTER...

FTC MEGO RED TORNADO FIST FIGHTER FIGURE REVIEW CHECK IT OUT MEGO FANS AND DC COMICS FANS IT'S FIGURES TOY COMPANY SUPER POWERS RELEASE OF THE RED TORNADO FI...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
            Museum Patron
            • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by comicmike
            Video reviews:
            MEGO DR. FATE FIST FIGHTER FIGURE REVIEW CHECK IT OUT MEGO FANS FIGURES TOY COMPANY NEW FIST FIGHTER LINE-UP STARTS WITH DR. FATE FIST FIGHTER!!!!!! A TRUE ...

MEGO FIST FIGHTER FIRESTORM FIGURE REVIEW CHECK IT OUT MEGO FANS AND DC COMICS FANS FIGURES TOY COMPANY NEW RELEASE OF FIRESTORM THE NUCLEAR MAN FIST FIGHTER...

FTC MEGO RED TORNADO FIST FIGHTER FIGURE REVIEW CHECK IT OUT MEGO FANS AND DC COMICS FANS IT'S FIGURES TOY COMPANY SUPER POWERS RELEASE OF THE RED TORNADO FI...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnU9-5KWuE
            Son of a... the Fist Fighter version of Red Tornado does not appear to have the crappy shading my non-Fist Fighter figure has!

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I got mine yesterday. Besides Red Tornado and Batgirl needing some serious readjustments from their packaged states, these came out really good. Yes, Batgirl has the same issues as the last new Batgirl, but that was expected. Firestorm does look a little odd with the shorter than I remember fire top, but the suit has been tightened up, as with most FTC production pieces.

I will try to open them this weekend for a better look. Not sure how many Type-S bodies I have lying around, and I hate trying to move the hero boots and gloves to them, but depending on what's in the parts box, I may give it a shot.

Comment

• TRDouble
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Your pal, Jim
                Son of a... the Fist Fighter version of Red Tornado does not appear to have the crappy shading my non-Fist Fighter figure has!
                Interesting! I will have to watch these tonight.

Any other differences that you noticed between Fist Fight and non-Fist Fighter?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Out of the package their costumes were easy to adjust for a better fit.

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

I switched their left hands and prefer Dr. Fate to have two open hands.

Comment

• comicmike
                    Persistent Member
                    • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                    Out of the package their costumes were easy to adjust for a better fit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21591[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21592[/ATTACH]

I switched their left hands and prefer Dr. Fate to have two open hands.
                    Oh,that was SO SMART;-) I like them both better now:Good job!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

Placed an order for Firestorm this afternoon. Can't wait
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 12, 2004

I think I might have to get FATE. He turned out great. FTC figs look pretty darn good when they aren't sportin' HUGE noggins.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Are Fate's epaulettes made of pleather and tacked in place? Good grief, they reproduced Green Arrow but can't figure out sleeve treatments on Firestorm and Fate.

The heads on this wave look much better, though.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Can someone describe/post the head difference between FF and regular Reddy?

(The glove switch is a superb idea, BTW.)
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

good idea with the hand switch I'm going to do that.

Comment

• Figure8
                                Museum Patron
                                • May 18, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Are Fate's epaulettes made of pleather and tacked in place? Good grief, they reproduced Green Arrow but can't figure out sleeve treatments on Firestorm and Fate.
                                Very good point. They might have looked at Iron Man as well for the shoulders. I was actually quite shocked when I saw a close-up of Fate in a YouTube review. His epaulettes and amulet look like very sloppy custom work. It's a shame because Fate was the figure I wanted most in this wave. Firestorm on the other hand turned out better than the promo pics promised. The really good news about this wave is that all the heads are in scale and I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting them all.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎