X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

RIP Godzilla

Haruo Nakajima, a pioneering movie performer who wore the Godzilla suit a dozen times, has died at age 88.

The last of the originals. Very nice man. Great with kids.
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Bummer. RIP, good sir; you are responsible for many great memories not only for me, but likely for millions of others, as well. I don't think you could leave a better legacy. Mrrrraaawwwrrr!
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

I started a thread about this yesterday, but it seems to be being firewalled by the site. Odd.

Anyway, here, again, is a tribute to my hero Haruo by a friend of mine:

For a little more on Mr. Nakajima:

R.I.P. Haruo Nakajima, the man inside Godzilla 中島 春雄
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Iron Mego
        Wake Up Heavy
        • Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, I couldn't get into your thread, toothy. Weird. Thanks for reposting this.
        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

It's crazy to think that if we hadn't dropped an atomic bomb on Japan, Godzilla wouldn't even exist. Out of all that death and human suffering, something good came out of it at the end. Japan made a poignant statement and created a cultural icon at the same time. One that has lasted decades and given so much back to the Japanese economy.

RIP Big G...

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎