X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Funko Golden Girls Dorbs

I'm personally not a fan of Dorbs. I even passed on the Strawberry Shortcake ones. But I still think these will actually sell pretty well.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Who doesn't want a deformed doll of an old lady?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

I totally do not get the appeal of Golden Girls toys. talk about an ill fit. it's even worse than the Mego Love Boat figures

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^But that's the point. It's ironically funny.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          ^But that's the point. It's ironically funny.
          Besides that, Golden Girls actually has a huge fan base that's going to genuinely want this stuff. It's also a large fan base with not a lot of merchandise to choose from. I think it will sell well. The Funko Reaction 4 pack was crazy popular.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

Not only that but look at all of the Betty White fans out there.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Besides that, Golden Girls actually has a huge fan base that's going to genuinely want this stuff. It's also a large fan base with not a lot of merchandise to choose from. I think it will sell well. The Funko Reaction 4 pack was crazy popular.
              Oh yeah, for sure. But I do think that even among fans there's an element of "I can't believe they made this" that adds some kitsch value.

If they made a bunch of "Everybody Loves Raymond" merchandise right now, with the HEAVY syndication over the last 10 plus years, I bet it would sell well too.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                GL of Mego Sector
                • Oct 8, 2007

I, for one, am still upset the four pack of figures didn't see a wide release.
                No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• huedell
                  Museum Ball Eater
                  • Dec 31, 2003

Oh yeah, for sure. But I do think that even among fans there's an element of "I can't believe they made this" that adds some kitsch value.
                  You have to have a lot of actual fans though.... not many people buy toys primarily because it was crazy it got made.

"Kitch" btw usually becomes acknowledged AFTER the fact, not during the development phase.

If they made a bunch of "Everybody Loves Raymond" merchandise right now, with the HEAVY syndication over the last 10 plus years, I bet it would sell well too.
                  Depends on your definition of selling well.

My instinct/definition make it so that Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan and Estelle Getty would get my financial backing EVERY time over Ray Romano, Patricia Heaton, Brad Garrett, Doris Roberts and Peter Boyle.
                  "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎