X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Star Wars: The Power of Costume Exhibit

Me and the family went to the Cincinnati Museum Center (otherwise known as the Hall of Justice) and took in the traveling Star Wars: The Power of Costume exhibit, featuring actual costumes and props from the films. As expected, this is a GREAT exhibit, and if you are a few hours away, or in the Cinci area, it is well worth it for basically anyone who hangs out here. In addition, they have a Kenner Star Wars exhibit, since their corporate headquarters used to be literally across the street from the museum. Just one word of warning if you go: the museum is under massive renovation, and only the Star Wars and Children's Museum sections are opened.

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking:

Chris
    sigpic
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

That looks amazing. My wife is on vacation in a few weeks and we were thinking of making a day trip down to Cinci to see it (we're just Northeast of Dayton) and maybe check out some bookstores, comic shops and toy shops while we were there. I saw the ads for it this winter, but my surgery kind of precluded us getting there so far. Do you know off hand how long it runs?

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

It runs until October, not sure of the exact date. I think you'll really enjoy it. Tickets were a bit pricier than expected (about $25 a piece for adults), but where else are you going to get to see something like this up close and personal?

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Great pics, Chris! Looks awesome!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Awesome. Saw a lot of he original screen used costumes back around 2000 when a similar exhibition toured... Just seeing all the details and the textures on the costumes up close was fantastic... I spent a long time just marveling at the exhibits such as the original Vader costume... the detailing on his belt and chest piece, etc. Spectacular.

Not sure about that pose they've got the mannequin in wearing the Boba Fett gear, though!
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• alex
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 15, 2009

Thanks for sharing

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

[QUOTE=Bruce Banner;1336859

Not sure about that pose they've got the mannequin in wearing the Boba Fett gear, though! [/QUOTE]

Ha... Thought the same thing. That must be Mona Fett, his sister.

Comment

• cjefferys
                Duke of Gloat
                • Apr 23, 2006

Saw this costume exhibit last summer in NYC, it was pretty cool seeing all that stuff up close.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎