X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Usagi Yojimbo toys from Playmates

Because of recent cross-overs between the Turltes and Usagi Yojimbo on the TMNT animated series and in the comics, Playmates has released a bunch of toys based on Usagi as part of the TMNT Samurai wave. There's a couple of different Usagi figures, a mounted Usagi figure and a 10 inch Usagi plus a SDCC Exclusive figure. I'm not much into TMNT toys, but I love me some Usagi. From what I understand, Wal*Mart got the first wave in and they were hit hard by flippers snagging them up, but I did manage to find the Samurai Usagi figure this morning at our local Wallyworld. My budget is tight post-surgery, but I am picking these up as I see them.

This is the Samurai Usagi figure (I borrowed the pic as I am not set up to do my own pics right now).

Has anyone else seen these or picked any up?

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

I saw that one and a 12" version yesterday. Very cool.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

If I can find one of the 12 inch figures, I will pick it up. Same with the mounted fig.

While I was at Wallyworld I also saw the first wave of Justice League movie action figures-looks liek a wave of 4 (Supes, Bats, Aquaman and Wonder Woman, but surprise surprise there were no WW figs there. It's the only one I would have picked up. But it's tax free weekend for school supplies and clothes here in Ohio and the first weekend of the month so everything was picked over at that Wallyworld so I am not surprised I couldn't find much.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I noted the JL items as well. I was actually trying to check and see if some LEGO items were reduced since they are about to reset that section of the store.
        If I had seen the blue shirt Usagi, I probably would have picked that up. There were at least three of the samurai versions and a couple of those larger ones. I don't think I saw the mounted figure, but I was not exactly looking that hard in the Turtle section.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

I stopped by the Wallyworld on our side of town on the way hme form work this afternoon, and they had the Mounted Samurai Usagi figure, so I snagged one.

-M

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Finally ran into the 12 inch Usagi figure today, our local Wally World was restocking hte toy department, so were flush with lots of stuff.

-M
            Last edited by MRP; Aug 22, '17, 5:31 PM.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

I keep looking for the regular blue shirt Usagi, but the local store does not seem to stock much in the way of TMNT. The store I originally saw these at was the next town down the highway when we were visiting cousins. They also did not have the blue shirt one, but I guess I should have nabbed the samuri Usagi then.

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

I haven't found the blue shirt regular Usagi yet. Someone I know found one at a JC Penney of all places, but I haven't seen one anywhere yet.

-M

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Maybe the Walmarts only received the exclusive samurai version?

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

The blue shirt version must be the harder to find. It's going for $35 on Amazon.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

Walmart exlusive is the Samurai with Warrior Horse. I got my Blue shirt Usagi at Target.

I have been posting pics on my twitter account https://twitter.com/MEarthprime all the Justice League, Usagi, and more....feel free to take a look, wave 2 of the JL have started to come out.
                      Last edited by monitor_ep; Aug 23, '17, 8:37 PM.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

I found a blue shirt Usagi today at the Wallyworld on the other side of town. I now have all the Usagi figs from this wave (none of the Turtles though).

I want a Jei figure but sadly there doesn't seem to be one.

-M

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Didn't know there was an SDCC exclusive of him. But there's no way I'm paying $180 for it.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎