Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Build-A-Hero Question!

Images
    Dr. Mego/EMCE were on the right track with their Create Your Own Zombie set. I was hoping for more kits like that for other genres, but, alas, never happened.

What I loved about the Cast-A-Way Build-A-Hero items was they easily tied into their Captain Action and Phantom lines. The bodysuits matched the franchised figures, which gave them this sense of belonging to both lines. The Build-A-Heroes could serve double duty as henchmen for villains, sidekicks for the heroes, or pretty much anything you could imagine. I kind of got a Superargo/Argoman/European Superhero vibe off of them myself.

Only thing that seemed a missed opportunity was a line of female Build-A-Heros (Heroines?). The ZICA Yvonne body would've been a given for that line.
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy2251 View Post
    Dr. Mego/EMCE were on the right track with their Create Your Own Zombie set. I was hoping for more kits like that for other genres, but, alas, never happened.

What I loved about the Cast-A-Way Build-A-Hero items was they easily tied into their Captain Action and Phantom lines. The bodysuits matched the franchised figures, which gave them this sense of belonging to both lines. The Build-A-Heroes could serve double duty as henchmen for villains, sidekicks for the heroes, or pretty much anything you could imagine. I kind of got a Superargo/Argoman/European Superhero vibe off of them myself.

Only thing that seemed a missed opportunity was a line of female Build-A-Heros (Heroines?). The ZICA Yvonne body would've been a given for that line.
    You are right on! We sold the crap out of those to be honest. The concept was solid.... we were jut ahead of our time, it seems like that was a running theme with us. If our molds had not been stolen we could have continued that for a long time. It's the execution that make it work, Jason and I loved customizing and that translated into products that worked. It's what we wanted, so it stands to reason others would want the same thing. i think it's where the other company's fail... they think like mass producing toy companies, not like customizers who want to make figures that fit with their mass produced ones. We loved doing it, I think that's the bottom line.
    Castaway Toys... bringing back the action!

Images
    Since you're now the proud owners of Action Jackson and have put out some product, think there might be a chance of doing a tie-in Build-A-Hero 2.0 line? Updated heads, costumes, etc.?
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Not to be "Nana-Nana-Boo-Boo", but more in line with the lament of this thread....I am glad I stocked up on these items when they were available. It was ( is ) top-notch!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    ...I am glad I stocked up on these items when they were available. It was ( is ) top-notch!
    Yes, I really regret not nabbing some of those Hero heads .
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Aug 13, '17 at 8:24 PM.
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy2251 View Post
    Since you're now the proud owners of Action Jackson and have put out some product, think there might be a chance of doing a tie-in Build-A-Hero 2.0 line? Updated heads, costumes, etc.?
    Absolutely, the stretch goal heads we had for the Kickstarter, while e didn't make the goal, we had the molds made anyway (along with our old style CAT boots)... Hmmm maybe we could KickStart these heads and new body suits.

image-336601-original (1).jpg
    Castaway Toys... bringing back the action!

^ I'd definitely have interest if you pursue the Kickstarter route. Those heads are fantastic looking and the Castaway bodysuits and boots were always, always, always great stuff.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david lee View Post
    absolutely, the stretch goal heads we had for the kickstarter, while e didn't make the goal, we had the molds made anyway (along with our old style cat boots)... Hmmm maybe we could kickstart these heads and new body suits.

yes please!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Images
    I donated to the original Type S/Action Jackson Kickstarter, so why not? MAKE WITH THE NEW KICKSTARTER, DAVE!!!

Also, Makernaut? Totally jealous at your foresight - well done, sir!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Absolutely, the stretch goal heads we had for the Kickstarter, while e didn't make the goal, we had the molds made anyway (along with our old style CAT boots)... Hmmm maybe we could KickStart these heads and new body suits.

IMG_7895.jpg and capes???
    Last edited by BATMAN89; Sep 10, '17 at 3:28 PM.