Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1976 Marvel Lunchbox variant (Spiderman graphic)

Images
    Yeah, this seems off. It may be some kind of mock-up from Aladdin, which would account for the kind of crude and different artwork. If it's real...the buyer got on HECK of a deal!

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

^ I'd lean toward fantasy piece because that thermos is from the mid-1990s or at least NOT from the mid-1970s.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5331385...iABEgJkU_D_BwE

Here's a listing with that same thermos alongside a 1994 plastic lunchbox.
    Last edited by Makernaut; Aug 6, '17 at 7:23 PM.

The black paint on the border of the lid is a different black than the rest of the lunchbox. The front looks like it might be some sort of 3d sticker maybe.

The colors remind me of Mexican bootleg stuff. I'm not sure why...

The off-set color printing looks like cheap stickers. And the black outlines in the logo are blurry.

Yeah, I saved all the photos and enlarged them. It's either a prototype or a fake. The inside of the lid is flat. The Spider-Man is a vacuform plastic piece that's been glued down on top. You can see the edges of it and some glue residue. The interesting thing is the glue has turned brown with age. That suggests prototype to me.

Images

Here's the actual lunchbox cover, Notice the rope webbing is just like the Spidey lid has. I believe the one that sold is a prototype. Everything is unused and only that side is different and the bottom has the manufacturing letters a kid/fan project wouldn't do that.

I could see it being a prototype, but the thermos is definitely from the 90s and I have to wonder why it was included.