X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Mary Canary
    Oh, sorry. I hope it's ok that I share the links. I was just enjoying it and thought others might as well. But yeah, some of them are longer reads.
    It's totally cool and interesting, i was more or less explaining the lack of feedback is because people probably get all wrapped up in this.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Moxen
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 6, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
      It's totally cool and interesting, i was more or less explaining the lack of feedback is because people probably get all wrapped up in this.
      This is me. I've been quite enjoying learning about a character I don't know as well as the other big names in DC. Please keep them coming!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I love the Big Red Cheese, link away.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

I appreciate the posts: *Thank you*

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

Im glad others are following along!
            Here are a couple new links:

New Beginning:

Modern Shazam:

Comment

• Godzilla
              Permanent Member
              • Nov 3, 2002

I can't wait for the next one. I ready my kids each issue of the Jeff Smith one before bedtime when they were young. It wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed it.
              Mortui Vivos Docent
              The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

I thought the Roy Thomas/Phil Mandrake series was one of the best post Crisis launches DC had. I never understood why it didn't take off.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

^I hated the art on that book. Power of Shazam on the other hand...
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    ^I hated the art on that book. Power of Shazam on the other hand...
                    Yeah it was a little cruder than it needed to be. I've read that Mandrake was never going to be the ongoing artist in the planned series that fizzled.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Well, it was jarring, after Newton's efforts earlier. I was fully prepared to support Thomas because I loved All-Star Squadron, but I didn't enjoy the book.

Mandrake seemed too gritty to me, like a fill-in Batman artist. But I do have a run of it, maybe I should haul them out for a re-read.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 13, '17, 3:26 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Anyone know what DC's plans are for the Marvels with Rebirth? Cap had been treated so badly after Power of Shazam, I just gave up--though I did read the kid-friendly titles.

But Doc Shaner's Convergence was lovely.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 13, '17, 3:36 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

To me, the story out shined the art which yeah, tonally it was all wrong. Thomas got it right, he updated the character, adding some fun things that i still enjoy but tried to keep it's spirit. I love that he mentioned that he was a fan of the Bridwell/Newton run.

Ordway's initial book was awesome, he lost me in the ongoing series by rushing the whole thing back to "Fawcettville" too soon for my tastes.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

My podcasting friend Siskoid and I covered the Marvels appearance on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and I pleaded my case why Cartoon Network should give the classic Marvels a TV show already! Lots of discussion of the characters' history to boot.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎