X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Gi Joe Gilbert Vintage Bond combined

This is not easy to post from the iPhone but I think I managed. They all came in sideways and I tried using the editing tools to rotate. I hope it worked but we'll see. These suits are up on eBay and cheap! The head fits perfectly on the 64 Gi Joe body for maximum articulation. The only thing not Vintage 1960s is the hand cuffs. Nice touch for the Goldfinger fan. Easy custom. See more pics of him in my gallery.

Sized next to Fort Knox Joe

Ready to be thrown in a Barbie bin for the obvious "galore"
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Last edited by hobub; Aug 3, '17, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 3, 2009

look good mate
      i did the similar thing with a ideal cap action ,narrower chest ,i was really pleased with it ,its a great sculpt ,particularly when you consider the Gilbert men from uncle lol ,and it still holds up today

Comment

• hobub
        Ghost of a Dead Indian
        • Jun 18, 2001

Thanks, He's dead mint! The body was needing pieces and I had a headless Joe I got for a couple bucks, but that suit! and the condition of the head! not bad for a 50 year old Connery Bond Joe! And if someone had similar ambitions looks like someone found a box of those old suits and are liquidating them on eBay right now. Just be carefully patient to get a clean head. But hop on that suit before it's gone if you like this guy! Completely vintage 1965 Bond customized perfectly into a Gi Joe body with 50 year old parts.

The shoes are Gi Joe marine dress shoes I had in the footlocker (the Gilbert shoes and socks though nice are way too small for Joe feet. And the pants are too tight to snap but can be extended it you need to. He articulates just like a 64 Joe. Exquisite. He may look all wet but at least his martini is dry. Now he needs a black semi automatic with a silencer.
        Last edited by hobub; Aug 6, '17, 9:37 AM.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Pretty cool...

Comment

• battmasterson
            Career Member
            • Dec 22, 2010

Great Job!!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 28, 2013

That is awesome.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Very cool looking figure, Connery looking sort off buffed up, must be working out.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Was wondering if that would work. Now you can gear him up with all sorts of vintage Joe stuff.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

He is cool. There's a head on eBay by our very good "eBay search" nemisis in perfect shape for $65 272768562254 and several suits for around $25 if anyone aspires to make one, as mine is not for sale. Considering the age, to get one in mint condition for under a hundred bucks; Well, was well worth it to me! I think it's awesome. And sort of made for trying this. I know the '65 Bond can be kind of pricy but that Gilbert bod kind of sucks. I was compelled to try it and didn't have much better else to do yesterday.
                    Last edited by hobub; Aug 6, '17, 9:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎