X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Fake Vader

I have no idea who Crowd Pleasers is but I can only imagine they were not officially licensed by Lucasfilm and probably made a fortune doing this.

Love Darth's Kenner blaster, just like he never used.

This is the perfect type of photo I'm seeking for my next book project Mall of Justice, a love letter to the sensational personal appearances of our comic book, TV, movie and toy icons during the 1970s and 80s.

Whether it's Adam West at a car show, He-Man at a Toys R Us opening or an ersatz Chewbacca at a stereo store, Mall of Justice melds vintage photos with childhood recollection of these epic meetings.

While I will design andeventually publish the book (via PlaidStallions Press), it's a project we can all get involved with!

How you can get involved:
    I'm looking for your photos and your recollections! Even if you've submitted them to the site before, I would likely need higher resolution and I'd want to
    talk to you.

What am i looking for:

Appearances of costumed characters during the 1970s and 80s, be they from comicbooks (Batman, the Hulk) , cartoons (, toy lines (Masters of the Universe, GI Joe) or movies (Planet of the Apes,Star Wars) , a date and place and a description of how you felt meeting theseiconic characters. Did you think they were real?

Does it have to
    specifically be in a mall?:

HECK NO! Car shows, county fairs, grocery stores, heck I'd even accept birthday party shots. It's all fair game.

Download the PDF Concept booklet for Mall of Justice Here.

Download a PDF Here.

Check out a Little Flip Book Here.

[IMG]https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NFzY7YF1bTo/Vxl8BDZFI-I/AAAAAAAABeI/sr***14QAQYMRpwcb3e2qzBUjBO8YB_EACLcB/s1600/mall5.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks everyone for reading and I hope you'll share your experiences with me!

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

Are those spurs on Vader's boots? It's hard to make out what it is but there is something sticking out of his boot above his heel.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

McQuarrie Vader had a blaster. I love this. Most people get chills over Rogue One Vader, I get excited over stuff like this.

Comment

• Fener
        • Sep 3, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
        McQuarrie Vader had a blaster. .
        Yes, and here's a very nice bootleg toy version of that Vader gun.

IMG_9116.JPG

IMG_9114.JPG

IMG_9113.JPG

IMG_9115.JPG
        Last edited by Fener; Aug 10, '17, 8:57 AM.
        WANTED (original not repro): Riddler belt, western guns (3). Matt Mason astronaut helmets (2).

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Wow! Great toy! I've never seen that. From Italy?

Comment

• Fener
            • Sep 3, 2014

Originally posted by Hedji
            Wow! Great toy! I've never seen that. From Italy?
            No, it's from Spain!
            WANTED (original not repro): Riddler belt, western guns (3). Matt Mason astronaut helmets (2).

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎