Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1975 Adventure Team happiness

Yes, Super Joe is awesome. But generally, I was too young for the GI Joe Adventure team during that era. My interest in action figures came about a few years later with Star Wars, Micronauts, etc. Still- I find pre-Star Wars, 1970s action figures fascinating.
    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Images
    Was always a huge fan of Adventure Team throughout the early-mid 70's

That said, I never knew a black Adventurer existed until my collecting days years later.

They must have had very limited distribution (at least in the sticks)

I think it was a missed opportunity for Hasbro --- If I knew they made one i'd want him bigtime.

Having the same figure with multiple hair colors was a bit boring --- also black Adventurer had that neat kaki suit
    .................................................. .......................

I didn't have a lot of GI JOE stuff as a kid, but I did have a Talking GI Joe "Man of Action". Seems like he was a bridge between the originals and the Adventure Team figures. He had flocked hair, but no beard or Kung Fu Action Grip and while he talked, it was Soldier phrases rather that Adventure Team phrases. I also had the helicopter and a few knock-off sets of uniforms and weapons.

When Walmart did the Adventure Team throwback figures in 2007 (Ten years ago. Wow!), I bought one of each and it got me on a bit of Joe kick for a while. Wish they'd bring back more stuff like that throwback line. If I remember right, they were only $10 retail. What a deal!

Images
    love the AT era. Super Joe as well. they just don't make such cool toys for kids anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jwyblejr View Post
    I don't get why Mike Powers gets so much grief. I think it's a cool figure.
    Oh, me too, he was the only Joe I owned as a kid actually. I wasn't much into military or adventure characters, more superhero/fantasy/monster/sci-fi figures, so Atomic Man and Bullet Man were the only ones that appealed to me.

The Super Joes were great too, I think that line might get more respect if all the existing examples weren't in broken pieces on their cards. It a shame because I love that line.

Images
    That copter is $8.95. Today it would cost $49.95.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Cause only one leg is bionic, he's a clear 6 Million Dollar Man rip off, and his head sculpt is Barbie's boy Ken. Even my 8 year old self knew that was a lame combination. That said I do like him and love the update the Collectors club did last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
    That copter is $8.95. Today it would cost $49.95.
    1/6th scale, more like $149.95

Images
    Strange how there is no Air Adventurer in that catalog.

Had Mike Powers as a kid loved him