X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1975 Adventure Team happiness

Spreads like this gave me a life long love of catalogs.....and GI Joe....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I don't get why Mike Powers gets so much grief. I think it's a cool figure.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      I can remember a time when "True Joe Collectors" hated that "fuzzhead crap" let alone Atomic man or Bullet man. We live in more enlightened times now. These guys represent GI Joe to me.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

The A-Team is Joe at his peak for me. I love this era more than any other version of Joe. I also love SuperJoe, so what do I know?
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Super Joe was awesome, I dislike how he gets totally ignored, it's why he's so prominent on PlaidStallions.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rykerw1701
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 27, 2007

Yeah GI Joe is Adventure Team to me, too. And I liked Mike Powers then and I still do. I was done with action figures by the time Super Joe came out, so no connection there. But it looks like fun stuff now.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Super Joe IS awesome--I've kitbashed some 12" versions . I'll admit to liking AT Joe much more than military Joe, though the transitional Aquanaut figure is my favorite.

The South American Falcon stuff is so cool it almost makes one swoon.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• VintageJoe70
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 12, 2016

I love the Atomic Man figure, and my only wish might be that they had given him 2 atomic legs...I still like the vintage one more than the club version, which I also have....The club one is nice, but it just doesnt fit in with the "vintage" look....I think I said this before, but what I wish is that they had used one of the original painted heads for the original Atomic Man, instead of the "Ken" looking head they did use...

But yes All Hail Adventure Team GI Joe....
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/148083...57673799016342

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

From the pictures I've seen,I like the Action Man version of Atomic Man. He just looks so much cooler with flocked hair.

Comment

• Man of Action
                    Persistent Member
                    • Oct 26, 2006

Fuzz

The more FUZZ, the better.
                    Last edited by Man of Action; Aug 4, '17, 2:12 AM.

Comment

• acrovader
                      Career Member
                      • Jan 19, 2011

Yes, Super Joe is awesome. But generally, I was too young for the GI Joe Adventure team during that era. My interest in action figures came about a few years later with Star Wars, Micronauts, etc. Still- I find pre-Star Wars, 1970s action figures fascinating.
                      I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Was always a huge fan of Adventure Team throughout the early-mid 70's

That said, I never knew a black Adventurer existed until my collecting days years later.

They must have had very limited distribution (at least in the sticks)

I think it was a missed opportunity for Hasbro --- If I knew they made one i'd want him bigtime.

Having the same figure with multiple hair colors was a bit boring --- also black Adventurer had that neat kaki suit

Comment

• Makernaut
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 22, 2015

I didn't have a lot of GI JOE stuff as a kid, but I did have a Talking GI Joe "Man of Action". Seems like he was a bridge between the originals and the Adventure Team figures. He had flocked hair, but no beard or Kung Fu Action Grip and while he talked, it was Soldier phrases rather that Adventure Team phrases. I also had the helicopter and a few knock-off sets of uniforms and weapons.

When Walmart did the Adventure Team throwback figures in 2007 (Ten years ago. Wow!), I bought one of each and it got me on a bit of Joe kick for a while. Wish they'd bring back more stuff like that throwback line. If I remember right, they were only $10 retail. What a deal!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

love the AT era. Super Joe as well. they just don't make such cool toys for kids anymore

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              Oh, me too, he was the only Joe I owned as a kid actually. I wasn't much into military or adventure characters, more superhero/fantasy/monster/sci-fi figures, so Atomic Man and Bullet Man were the only ones that appealed to me.

The Super Joes were great too, I think that line might get more respect if all the existing examples weren't in broken pieces on their cards. It a shame because I love that line.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎