Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Diamond Direct Trek Bodies The Same As The FTC Repro Bodies?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Are the Diamond Direct Trek Bodies The Same As The FTC Repro Bodies?

I am wanting to pick up an Uhura figure, but I was curious if the bodies on the repros that EMCE/DD did are identical to the FTC repro bodies. Will she match my other figures or be oddly out of place?
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I don't own any loose FTC female bodies, but I can advise you that, in general: FTC bodies are slightly smaller than vintage, and Emce/DM/DD are slightly larger. But neither to any extent that is glaring.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

the emce/diamond body is actully shorter ,the FTC made in china body would be the body to use .i have a couple and they are good ,although poseing is kinda
      akward ,but once you do it looks fine ,the emce body is not too bad ,but it seems a little loose around the arms ,and the plastic pins that are at the hips can break kinda easy.
      this happened a bit with some bif bang pow figures that use the same design .the FTC bodies (made in china)are a bit tight ,which is why they are akward to pose .the classic mego body is
      the best .but for cheap way to go FTC is fine.

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

She will match just fine with other figures for display purposes. A collector could certainly tell the subtle differences between Mego, EMCE, and FTC... and people definitely have their favorites... but I don't think you will find it "oddly out of place."

Comment

• Mary Canary
          Career Member
          • Jun 21, 2017

Awesome! For some reason I was thinking she'd be a lot taller, ha! But sounds like, other than subtle differences, they're pretty much on the same scale! Thanks for the answers, folks! Hopefully she will be beaming in soon!

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

I ended up purchasing a DD Uhura this morning on ebay.
            Thanks again for the comments!

Comment

• DSTZach
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 1, 2012

FYI, it's Diamond Select Toys, or DST. You may be thinking of DC Direct. May help with any future searches.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

Received my repro Uhura! I have not had the chance to take her out of the package yet, but she looks great. I think I am going to love her!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎