Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I was curious about personal recipes or seasoning recommendations from members who may have made it. Pimento cheese is a cheese spread, principally flavored with chopped, canned pimentos. It's creamy, savory, and a little tangy/zippy from the peppers. I've made it several times. You can buy it pre-made in the South.

Another thing I've tried it on is baked potatoes--yum.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I've eaten a lot of pimento cheese in my day and it never occurred to me that one could make their own because it is in all of the grocery stores here. Might have to try my hand at home made.

I like it on saltines or as a sandwich. Occasionally, I like to add a couple of slices of bologna or salami to the sandwich.

Comment

• Allie Fox
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 1, 2009

Has anyone ever put it on a hamburger?

A pimento cheeseburger is the best.
        If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          I was curious about personal recipes or seasoning recommendations from members who may have made it.
          In cheese dishes always use Wisconsin cheese. Trust me.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

IDK, Ohioans make some pretty good cheese -

Re: For cheeseburgers--genius idea, I will try it.
            Last edited by PNGwynne; May 31, '18, 6:38 PM.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

IDK, Ohio make some pretty good cheese -
              But does Ohio have a Cheese Days celebration with official theme song?

Rudy Burkhalter and Martha Bernet playing Cheese Days in Monroe.

I rest my case.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

lol The Ohio Swiss Festival can't compete, it's all too worldly for the Amish. I'll say diplomatically that I've had some great cheese from all over the world, Wisconsin included.

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  But does Ohio have a Cheese Days celebration with official theme song?

Rudy Burkhalter and Martha Bernet playing Cheese Days in Monroe.

I rest my case.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

So, I buckled under and tried a store brand--Prices Original. Not a fan.

Very sweet and bland, has salad dressing (aka Murkle Whip) in it. No cheesy/savory notes and an odd, too-creamy texture IMO. My punishment for being too lazy to grate cheese.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

My punishment for being too lazy to grate cheese.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jun 29, 2018

I don't care for Price's. The only store brand pimento cheese I like is the HEB store brand one. My sister used to make one with shredded block of American cheese and mayo and smoked red pepper.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Never tried pimento cheese.

Round these parts EVERTHING is garlic.

Seems like we have a garlic festival every few weeks

Garlic ice cream ???

It's been done and is actually pretty good

Comment

• Duncan
                            Museum focus-groupie
                            • Jun 27, 2009

So, I buckled under and tried a store brand--Prices Original. Not a fan.

Very sweet and bland, has salad dressing (aka Murkle Whip) in it. No cheesy/savory notes and an odd, too-creamy texture IMO. My punishment for being too lazy to grate cheese.
                            I bought a tub of Trader Joe's version last month. I have nothing to compare it to, but judged on its own it was OK...not bad but not life changing. It made a forgettable sandwich. It was OK on a cheeseburger. I wouldn't bother getting it again unless I had a plan to kick it up a few notches.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Yeah, I'm already formulating those notches because I can't finish this as-is, and I have a compulsion about wasting food.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎