• LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Spock!

Comment

• SKotK
      Career Member
      • Mar 11, 2014

I think it has to be the Romulan for me. It's just such a great figure.

However, for non-show-appearing figures it's definitely the Neptunian!

--SKot
      Look what happens when you aren't allowed to play with "dolls"...

WANTED: partly-unsealed or bubble-damaged carded Romulan + unbroken plant trap from Mission to Gamma VI

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mr Mego
        Kirk, Spock and Romulan
        Same here...
        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

McCoy, McCoy, McCoy!

Deforest legitimizes the iconic nature of Trek's big three in the flesh... and in plastic!
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

For the humans. as a kid I always loved Kirk. As an adult, McCoy is spot on.

I also think the Neptunian was one of the greatest Megos overall.
            Mortui Vivos Docent
            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Pete
              • Oct 11, 2017

Scottie. He looked sharp and was always in short supply at my local toy store, back in the day...so that made him special.

Comment

• number 6
                Village Idiot
                • Jul 10, 2003

This is a really tough call for me.

My gut reaction is to say Neptunian. He was the only Alien I had as a kid; got him along with the Enterprise playset for my 4th birthday. Probably one of the few toys I had as a kid that turned out to be semi-“rare”. And getting a nice carded example of him as an adult was a grail aquasition for me.

But a lot of that has do with nostalgia; I don’t know that I can go as far as to say that I think is the best representation of the Trek line.

I think I would have to go with Spock as my all-time favorite of the Star Trek line. I loved the figure as a kid - I think I owned 3 of them over the course of my childhood, more than any other Mego except maybe tied with Hulk. I think it’s a great sculpt and he has the full range of accessories. As a kid, Spock was my favorite on the show (but as an adult my favorite is McCoy)

I think a close runnner-up would be Scottie. The sculpt is probably more influenced by the Annimated series than the live-action, but it’s still a really good looking figure. The red tunic is strickingly vibrant, and I don’t recall seeing him very much in stores as a kid. I think I only owned 1 of him as a kid, as opposed to 2 or more of the others.

Honorable mention goes to the Andorian. I have a certain detachment to the 3rd wave; I didn’t know they even existed until I was in my mid-teens and didn’t actually see a picture of them until my late teens. So there’s no nostalgic connection at all. But I think it’s an amazing looking figure, definitely one of the best of the line.

Comment

• pgiii
                  • Oct 5, 2017

Well, I am partial to female characters so I would have to go with Uhura. She is also important to me for another reason. Like many of you, I am also mainly a WGSH collector and was looking to get a Storm (X-Men) custom done and there are very few options for an African American female 8" figure so Uhura was it!

BTW I just joined the forum here, this is my first post. I am looking forward to learning a lot from all of you experts out there.

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by pgiii
                    Well, I am partial to female characters so I would have to go with Uhura. She is also important to me for another reason. Like many of you, I am also mainly a WGSH collector and was looking to get a Storm (X-Men) custom done and there are very few options for an African American female 8" figure so Uhura was it!

BTW I just joined the forum here, this is my first post. I am looking forward to learning a lot from all of you experts out there.
                    Welcome to the Museum!

Comment

• William Vafai
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Oct 14, 2017

Mr. Spock and the Klingon

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎