Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A reminder: donations, subscriptions, and affiliates, oh my!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

A reminder: donations, subscriptions, and affiliates, oh my!

A reminder, we are still needing and accepting donations. You can donate via the button above or just by Paypalling to: donations@megomuseum.com

You can also help out just by shopping through our Amazon, Entertainment Earth, and eBay links!

Lastly, make sure to support our sponsors! Right now that's Vintage Toy Rescue, but we hope to add more soon!

Every little bit helps!

Thanks!
    Joe
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

Our server comes due on the 16th, so help before then would be much appreciated!
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• pmwasson
      Maker
      • Sep 12, 2007

Maybe a reward for donating could be not to have to read posts asking for money.
      sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• JDeRouen
        Author of Small Things
        • Jun 14, 2001

If we could ever get to a point where advertising (or consistent donations) covered everything, you'd never have to see another.
        --

Comment

• rche
          channeling Bob Wills
          • Mar 26, 2008

I don't mind the reminders. This is supposed to be on my calendar for a monthly toy tithe, but somehow I skipped July.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

not trying to be crude or insensitive, but is the MM2017 auction monies gone already?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
              Moderation Engineer
              • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by noelani72
              not trying to be crude or insensitive, but is the MM2017 auction monies gone already?
              Chicago is expensive. The MM2017 auction monies covered the MM2017 fees and what was left is in the bandwidth account. Mego Meet aside, it costs thousands per year to cover server fees - support and bandwidth. Call the DoubleTree and ask them to give you a price to rent the place for a weekend, and then do the math.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by noelani72
                MM was profitable but we had high overheads, it's the only show where the runners pay admission and for their tables.

It's not enough to keep us going indefinitely, Joe's posts may not make folks happy but he's being smart. Getting whatever we can over time rather than begging when we completely run out of cash.

We'll be running another benefit auction online soon as well.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• noelani72
                  27inaleon
                  • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  Chicago is expensive. The MM2017 auction monies covered the MM2017 fees and what was left is in the bandwidth account. Mego Meet aside, it costs thousands per year to cover server fees - support and bandwidth. Call the DoubleTree and ask them to give you a price to rent the place for a weekend, and then do the math.

Originally posted by palitoy
                  MM was profitable but we had high overheads, it's the only show where the runners pay admission and for their tables.

It's not enough to keep us going indefinitely, Joe's posts may not make folks happy but he's being smart. Getting whatever we can over time rather than begging when we completely run out of cash.

We'll be running another benefit auction online soon as well.
                  I dont need to call anyone - wasn't trying to pick a fight with Joe or anyone - I asked because I was concerned as I felt this was a desperate thread and that made me worry for the life of the boards. My MM bill was $65 this year to get in (the Boy and I) - I imagine there was a lot of that collected from attendees and the auction did really well.

I am one who puts up - any funds made at my MM table go to buying big in the auction (in addtion to anything I've donated to the auction).

I've paid up when Joe previously posted the Boards needed help and I really have no problem doing so again because I know what it takes to run this stuff.

I did knee-jerk react seeing this new thread, and felt this was a we-are-broke-already thread. My mistake, sorry.

Over my decade-plus years here, I've contributed to animal surgeries, new vehicle brakes, down and out friends, and even paid $$ to someone who got scammed by Shane Bricker. I try to think of creative ways to help above all that - but I am over extended in my life as it is right now.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

And we sincerely appreciate all of it Chad.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I didn't take it as a fight, don't know where that came from. You asked a valid question that needed to be answered. There is no intended vitriol in either of our responses.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JDeRouen
                        Author of Small Things
                        • Jun 14, 2001

Group hug?

We hadn't posted asking for donations since before Mego Meet. I wish we never had to. If we could get some more ads in place, it would help a lot. Have a business you want to advertise? We have space for you.
                        --

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

{ Hugs }

Comment

• JDeRouen
                            Author of Small Things
                            • Jun 14, 2001

Also, when you shop Amazon, eBay, or EE, remember to use those links I provided! Doing so costs you nothing at all extra and throws a little (very little - Amazon is setting at 83 cents right now) our way.
                            --

Comment

• toothaction
                              Career Member
                              • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                              Also, when you shop Amazon, eBay, or EE, remember to use those links I provided! Doing so costs you nothing at all extra and throws a little (very little - Amazon is setting at 83 cents right now) our way.
                              Done and done! Dropped a bunch with both Amazon and eBay lately, hopping from MegoLand every time, so here's hoping that I've successfully contributed my .2¢!

Bummer it's such a wee cut, by the way.
                              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎