Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

^Yep. This episode in particular showcases what Star Trek has always been about...showing the best of humanity, and teaching us that we can all work together to be BETTER.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

I think my favorite episode is the one with Apollo

Loved the happy ending

After watching that I don't feel so bad when I see Apollo dissolve at the end of the Classic Series

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I really liked the black-and-white use. I grew up without a color television, until I was twenty-two and moved out of my parents house. This episode was really special to me.

Comment

• toothaction
          Career Member
          • Jul 15, 2017

>>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

^ If you check the STC channel on YouTube (or the website) you'll find videos of original music scoring of some of the episodes. You know how they had Star Wars in Concert? I would pay to see Andy Farber do Star Trek in concert!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

I qualify as a casual ST:TOS fan... probably even less than that if it wasn't for my love of 1. ST:TNG 2. the 70's 45 Echoes in Darkness and, of course 3. classic Trek MEGOS

I'm only a few minutes in, and I can easily say, this production treatment of television-era TOS is the best sequel material I've seen yet.

Obviously, seeing the original cast in their 6 movies was a better thing organically (you can't beat the original Trek actors playing themselves), but this show is not tethered by having to adapt to the big screen... and deftly nails the old-television-style, at least as seen by a TOS Trek neophyte with emphasis on the more superficial markings of TOS...and, I'd like to think something a hardcore fan would enjoy, at least somewhat.

Personally? I have almost no interest watching the new Abrams Trek... this, at least, while I'm not totally enthralled by it, I'd still be interested in following it in a way that new Trek could never interest me--- short of bringing a TNG element in at some point.
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• HardyGirl
                Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                • Apr 3, 2007

The blooper reel to "What Ships Are For" was posted on YouTube and the website today. Too funny!
                "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰