Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Haven't heard any announcements from EMCE...is this Punisher set the end of the Line? Because I'd like to hear some news. Passing on this set...hoping the next one is better.
    sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
      Haven't heard any announcements from EMCE...is this Punisher set the end of the Line? Because I'd like to hear some news. Passing on this set...hoping the next one is better.
      The next set is supposed to be another Deadpool set with a pirate costume and more.

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
        The next set is supposed to be another Deadpool set with a pirate costume and more.
        Arghhh!! Overkill...I bought the first one and I'm happy with it, but I won't be buying a 2nd.
        sigpic

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

I do not like how DST waits to see if current set sells well enough before work starts on a new set. It will take forever for new Marvel characters to be made. And I know Deadpool is popular, but a 2nd set Already? How many sets are being made, 3 a Year? Time to give another company a shot at the license.

Comment

• Timothy2251
            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
            • Mar 15, 2008

Still holding out for the Spider-Man 2099 set. Is this still a go?
            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

I bought two sets of The Punisher. Definitely one of the best sets in the line so far... Will be buying another two to open and play.
              The retro box only shows The Punisher so I think the faith is set for this line.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                I'm sure hoping it is. I'd love a second Spidey set!

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

The next one is another Deadpool? Seriously?

I really don't get why they haven't done Iron Man.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• greensavage2000
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 9, 2013

I wish they'd do a Falcon one. The three I want are repro of the original Mego, the original costume (orange and green), and the Captain America costume. Seeing as I have an original if they tweaked that costume to have the gloves or to be the white and red costume before he got his wings that would be cool. It probably wouldn't ever happen, maybe it even shouldn't because it wouldn't be giving people a repro.of the original. The pack should definitely have Redwing though.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                      Yes, I want that one too.
                      sigpic

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

Since Diamond stated that they can't mix charectors like 2 different Spidermans in one set
                        how would they do Spiderman 2099? (no black suit or scarlet spider) Is there more than one version of Spidey 2099 ? I originally thought that the Secret Wars black suit could be packaged with 2099 figure

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Probably would be the classic Spidey 2099, Miguel O'Hara secret ID, and the modern outfit Spidey 2099.

I'm hoping against hope we get Iron Man, Falcon, and the FF, but it's not looking good at this point. Also, there's tons of X-Men that can get tapped, too.
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I dislike the Captain Action concept of these sets, 1 figure and 3 heads and 3 outfits. 3 complete figures would almost make the $80 price acceptable. Or if there could be theme sets like Spider-Man- Spidey, Green Goblin, Mary Jane Watson or secret ID, ally. Same with, Captain America (Red Skull and Bucky), Iron Man (Tony and Mandarin), Hulk (Banner and Leader, Grey Hulk, Doc Samson and She-Hulk), Avengers, Fantastic 4 special team pack, ALL X-Men!

FTC countered the $80 current set format with 4 pack sets of random Marvel characters that would be sold for $100 and not separately for $25 Each like DC, but FTC idea was turned down.

Punisher set looks great but I have to hold off at $80 and wait to see if anymore sets are announced after 2nd Deadpool set which will be last 2017 set if it makes it out this year at all.
                            Last edited by ovenmitt; Aug 31, '17, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Spyweb007
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 18, 2006

I wonder if after this line ends there would be any way to sell the modern costumes and heads as accessory/costume packs for Mego figures, like the old GI Joe and Action Jackson sets. That might still work around the licensing issues since they wold not be selling a figure, might even make a good complimentary piece to the Action Jackson figures being done now.

Comment

• DSTZach
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Mar 1, 2012

Originally posted by ovenmitt
                                I dislike the Captain Action concept of these sets, 1 figure and 3 heads and 3 outfits. 3 complete figures would almost make the $80 price acceptable. Or if there could be theme sets like Spider-Man- Spidey, Green Goblin, Mary Jane Watson or secret ID, ally. Same with, Captain America (Red Skull and Bucky), Iron Man (Tony and Mandarin), Hulk (Banner and Leader, Grey Hulk, Doc Samson and She-Hulk), Avengers, Fantastic 4 special team pack, ALL X-Men!

FTC countered the $80 current set format with 4 pack sets of random Marvel characters that would be sold for $100 and not separately for $25 Each like DC, but FTC idea was turned down.
                                One character, one figure, $80. That's what we were offered, that's the only option available to ANYONE interested, and we took it, because otherwise no Marvel Megos. We've tried to pack each set with $80 worth of value, and I think we have, but YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎