X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayraytee
    Career Member
    • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by Brown Bear
    For what it's worth, painted flesh heads are a deal breaker for me. Casting the head in flesh vs paint is what makes the difference between factory and custom in my opinion. I could make my own painted Punisher custom. I swapped out my mirror Kirk for a mego head because it bugged me too much. But that's just my own preference. Other than that, I'd love to snag a retro figure.
    I agree with this. To me it seems to make less sense to cast the head in a different color and paint the skin. I realize the original Mego Batman did this, but like with that what you end up with is a paint rub blue nose. Not to mention the imperfect paint texture to the 'skin.' It looks plasticky.
    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Brown Bear
      For what it's worth, painted flesh heads are a deal breaker for me. Casting the head in flesh vs paint is what makes the difference between factory and custom in my opinion. I could make my own painted Punisher custom. I swapped out my mirror Kirk for a mego head because it bugged me too much.
      Well said! Man, You hit the nail on the Head! Masks though I feel are different. DareDevil for example...most of the head is a mask and only a little flesh shows through. I prefer this...I wouldn't want it the other way around.
      sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by jayraytee
        I agree with this. To me it seems to make less sense to cast the head in a different color and paint the skin. I realize the original Mego Batman did this, but like with that what you end up with is a paint rub blue nose. Not to mention the imperfect paint texture to the 'skin.' It looks plasticky.
        It's not a deal breaker for me, but it's irritating forsure. More so when you realize there is no valid reason for it. If they explicitly tell the factory to mold in flesh they will. At these numbers there is no cost difference.the Chinese choose to paint because it keeps labor busy an that's their number one priority. I'm sure black plastic is cheaper,but again that's negligible on the number of figures they are producing. They just need to make the factory produce to their specs and not leave it up to the factory.

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by The Bat
          Yeah, me too. I LOVE the rubber gauntlets that FTC sells. Add those with colored hands and it looks much better.
          Yeah I remember when Jason sculpted those and we produced them first...

Comment

• jayraytee
            Career Member
            • May 27, 2011

The Marvel sets quality wise and design wise are far far superior to anything FTC has done. The head sculpts look perfect on these, the costumes look perfect, the bodies are not cheap crap. My only complaint is character selection. Quality is vastly important and FTC just hasn't figured that out yet.

Comment

• jreinhardt
              • May 10, 2007

I agree with the quality of the figures between FTC and Diamond Select. But the Thor costume ripped when I tried to get it onto a type 1 body. The material doesn't give and ripped. Only problem other than two of the same hamds and Dr Mego took care of me on that. Customer service related to my problem of two right hands was fixed super quick and everything came out great.

As far as the painted heads I personally think they look awesome on the punisher figure. He is considered a fantasy mego in my eyes and look forward to getting one

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by David Lee
                Yeah I remember when Jason sculpted those and we produced them first...
                Yeah...I'm sorry that happened to you Dave. You've done so much to advance the hobby.
                sigpic

Comment

• tllgn
                  Persistent Member
                  • Feb 6, 2010

I just got a couple punishers .i like this set.the classic style one is cool.with his rifle to shoot spidey with.the underarms part of the costume is a bit baggy.the new heads are ok.painted heads I am not a fan of.but it is what it is.sadly there's no booklet.and only the punished is pictured on the box and retro box.and the number of these made is only 1500.like daredevil.i just hope they do ironman.hulk.fantastic four(long shot there).green goblen and falcon .the lizard would be nice.but its a neat set.love the classic punished the best by far.good job emce/diamond.

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

Punisher .its this phone

Comment

• tllgn
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 6, 2010

Curious -I wonder why spidey and capt are not pictured on the boxs like all previous sets??

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Strange that no booklet came with it. Too bad nobody but Punisher is pictured on the box. Probably because they pictured Spidey 2099 on earlier sets, and decided not to release him. I was really looking forward to a second Spidey set!

Comment

• tllgn
                          Persistent Member
                          • Feb 6, 2010

forgot to mention ,be careful handling the classic body suit ,the scull logo could get ruined ,i was adjusting the outfit and noticed that one of the
                          scull teeth was peeling ,and that the scoped rifle is warped do to being held by one of the two elastic bands around the waist ,now he cant shoot
                          at spidey .

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

I want Punisher, the sets keep getting better, but I want to know they will continue after Pirate Deadpool set that I will not buy.

Now that Punisher is out what is everyone's opinion on these $80 retro Marvel sets vs $80 Mezco One:12 Marvel (& DC) figures and after what new One:12 were at SDCC?

I have One:12 Modern Punisher and like him with his Skull chest plate. Sold PX Punisher MIB for $305 + shipping on ebay after getting him for $101 on DCBS. I hate I missed out on exclusive Classic Punisher, but for what he's going for I would sell him too for a big profit.

I have most all One:12 Marvel and DC and pre-ordered all upcoming, too.

I was disappointed by SDCC One:12 reveals. Only Ragnarok Thor and Hulk and Homecoming Spidey for Marvel. Would rather had Classic comic book Thor and Hulk. Mezco should stick with comic books and leave MCU to Hasbro whose Ragnarok and Netflix Marvel Legends are excellent!

Mezco did beat EMCE to Red Skull, Iron Man, Dr. Strange and Black costume Spidey coming later this year. EMCE needs to announce future Marvel sets to keep up support.

Last week FTC showed pics of Firestorm, Dr. Fate, and Red Tornado. And FTC Wonder Woman wave is due Fall.

I want Marvel Megos like DC. We need an update on Marvel sets soon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I don't want FTC Marvels if they're as inconsistent as their DCs.

That said, I can't fathom DST's marketing strategy with their Marvel sets.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

Originally posted by ovenmitt

I want Marvel Megos like DC.
                                Quantity wise that would be great. DST has FTC beat on quality by miles and miles though. I don't want any baggy suited, giant headed, hunched over, brittle kit-bashed Marvel figures repackaged over and over with lame accessories though.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎