X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by pmwasson
    I really like the NECA's one:12 line of figures. I wish EMCE would make 8" version of those for $80 instead of the 3-for-1 format.
    That's what I've found hard to square. NECA is allowed to work in the exact same scale as Hasbro Marvel's legends, but at 3x the price point. DST/EMCE has to have the same pricepoint, but with an absurd amount of bylines Mezco doesn't have.

Makes me believe the bylines are not about comp with Hasbro, but comp with Mezco.

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

I've bought MANY EMCE figures...but I also feel that flesh should be cast in flesh color. Naturally, Masks, hair eyes and eyebrows have to be painted.

P.S., When it was just EMCE the heads WERE cast in flesh...it wasn't until DST got involved that we got painted flesh heads.
      Last edited by The Bat; Jul 27, '17, 9:21 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by pmwasson
        I really like the NECA's one:12 line of figures. I wish EMCE would make 8" version of those for $80 instead of the 3-for-1 format.
        Wait, NECA's making 1:12 figures too?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
          Career Member
          • Dec 29, 2014

Mezco is making the 1:12 Marvel and DC figures not Neca. Neca is doing the 8"cloth
          Vacation Clark Griswold. Mezco 1:12 are very nice but for some reason they are having trouble with classic Superman,and Spiderman has sneakers ?

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

I wish someone could do for 1/9 what Mezco has done for 1/12.

I'd happily pay $80.00 each for 1/9 figures of the same quality as Mezco One:12.
            Last edited by GlobalObserver; Jul 28, '17, 7:39 AM.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I'd like to see 1/9 figures move towards the more detailed style too, and I see that in some of the Diamond sets (the Yellow and Red Daredevil looked very nice), but I also remember when all these Re-Mego style figures started coming out that many were very vocal about keeping the simple "Mego" look as opposed to the more detailed modern look. Overall I really like the updated versions EMCE has been turning out.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I love the charm of classic MEGOs. They are so perfectly imperfect.

I think there is room in the hobby for both classic retro-style 1/9 figures and a higher end version.

Mezco One:12's success hasn't done anything to harm other less expensive 1/12 lines. They can easily coexist.

Comment

• Mego Milk
                  Custom Mego Maker
                  • Jun 3, 2007

ordered!
                  Looking forward to getting Punisher!!!

Keep making these please!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by GlobalObserver
                    I love the charm of classic MEGOs. They are so perfectly imperfect.

I think there is room in the hobby for both classic retro-style 1/9 figures and a higher end version.
                    Yeah I don't want or need little Hot Toys, I don't begrudge those that do but they are not the "end all be all" for everybody.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• warlock664
                      Persistent Member
                      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Yeah I don't want or need little Hot Toys, I don't begrudge those that do but they are not the "end all be all" for everybody.
                      This!
                      I know a lot of people gush over Mezco's One:12 line, but they're not for me. I'll take the charm and imperfection of FTC's DC line over Mezco every time.

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I had to buy the Mezco's One:12 Ben Affleck BATMAN but that's it. I don't collect them or plan to buy anymore.

But if they were 8" Mego scale...I'd be going broke right now.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Timothy2251
                          Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                          • Mar 15, 2008

Got 2 of the Punisher sets on the way - one for me, one for my brother-in-law, who LOVES all things Punisher.
                          "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I understand. Some of the NECA 1/9 figures have been nicely detailed, but they just don't evoke that feeling of nostalgia that more simply designed figures do.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                              Still Old School
                              • Feb 14, 2008

For what it's worth, painted flesh heads are a deal breaker for me. Casting the head in flesh vs paint is what makes the difference between factory and custom in my opinion. I could make my own painted Punisher custom. I swapped out my mirror Kirk for a mego head because it bugged me too much. But that's just my own preference. Other than that, I'd love to snag a retro figure.
                              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Spyweb007
                                Persistent Member
                                • Apr 18, 2006

I think the best thing about the Diamond mego sets is the fact that you get both the charm of the original mego and the more detailed, updated design. I hope they continue to produce new sets!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎