• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krypt0nite
    Radioactive!
    • Feb 13, 2010

The Punisher arrived today

IMG_1574.jpg

The Punisher arrived today and he's a mixed bag. "Mego" style classic Punisher has a nice head sculpt that really evokes his first appearance. His face appears to be painted rather than molded in flesh color and his symbol is applied a bit low---his belt initially was covering the nose of the skull symbol until I was able to work it down. His suit is poorly tailored and is made of a cheap material.

The modern Punisher is well-made though it is not my preferred version. I'm glad I got this character, but his execution seems like a step back from Daredevil and Deadpool.
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

That is a shame about the tailoring, but that is a super looking figure.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

As far as weapons go, is there just the gun you have pictured? How do his civilian clothes compare to the prototype?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

He comes with two handguns, a rifle and a knife in addition to the gun in the photo. The civilian clothes look great and fit well on the FTC body I tried them on.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
          Radioactive!
          • Feb 13, 2010

IMG_1575.jpg

Here he is with a couple of tweaks: I gave him some classic style boots and a rifle to have slung on his shoulder. The rifle is one of mine, not one of the ones included in the set. The suit is all cinched in the back and is very baggy through his underarms but it's not too noticeable in a neutral stance.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Well, Doc & co. got me again. I'll continue my habit of buying two sets, one to keep sealed and one to open and play around with. I love the sculpts, and I'll tweak the outfits to my liking. I am anti-pleather, so I'll be making some mods for sure.

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              I am anti-pleather, so I'll be making some mods for sure.
              Yeah, me too. I LOVE the rubber gauntlets that FTC sells. Add those with colored hands and it looks much better.
              sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
                Still Old School
                • Feb 14, 2008

Did you say painted flesh on the head?
                Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

I think its time for DST/EMCE to stop making these. Don't make them at all if you can't do it right,especially for the price.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 12, 2004

They messed up the skulls on both figures.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                      I think its time for DST/EMCE to stop making these. Don't make them at all if you can't do it right,especially for the price.
                      With that said, I think it's time you stopped posting on the DST/EMCE threads. You have nothing further to add to any discussion...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Teemu
                        Teemu--you're the king of tweaking figures. Nothing DST has produced is any worse than the FTC figures you love to (expensively) customize. You're entitled to your opinion, but please, for the rest of us here, try to reign in your hypocrisy.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                          Did you say painted flesh on the head?
                          For whatever weird reason, DST always wants to fully-paint their heads now.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Teemu--you're the king of tweaking figures. Nothing DST has produced is any worse than the FTC figures you love to (expensively) customize. You're entitled to your opinion, but please, for the rest of us here, try to reign in your hypocrisy.
                            It's not that expensive to tweak figures.

At least with FTC,I only have to pay $30 vs $80 for a figure that needs tweeked

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

I really like the NECA's one:12 line of figures. I wish EMCE would make 8" version of those for $80 instead of the 3-for-1 format.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎