Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: The Punisher arrived today

The Punisher arrived today

IMG_1574.jpg

The Punisher arrived today and he's a mixed bag. "Mego" style classic Punisher has a nice head sculpt that really evokes his first appearance. His face appears to be painted rather than molded in flesh color and his symbol is applied a bit low---his belt initially was covering the nose of the skull symbol until I was able to work it down. His suit is poorly tailored and is made of a cheap material.

The modern Punisher is well-made though it is not my preferred version. I'm glad I got this character, but his execution seems like a step back from Daredevil and Deadpool.

That is a shame about the tailoring, but that is a super looking figure.

Images
    Blog Entries
    As far as weapons go, is there just the gun you have pictured? How do his civilian clothes compare to the prototype?

He comes with two handguns, a rifle and a knife in addition to the gun in the photo. The civilian clothes look great and fit well on the FTC body I tried them on.

IMG_1575.jpg

Here he is with a couple of tweaks: I gave him some classic style boots and a rifle to have slung on his shoulder. The rifle is one of mine, not one of the ones included in the set. The suit is all cinched in the back and is very baggy through his underarms but it's not too noticeable in a neutral stance.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Well, Doc & co. got me again. I'll continue my habit of buying two sets, one to keep sealed and one to open and play around with. I love the sculpts, and I'll tweak the outfits to my liking. I am anti-pleather, so I'll be making some mods for sure.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I am anti-pleather, so I'll be making some mods for sure.
    Yeah, me too. I LOVE the rubber gauntlets that FTC sells. Add those with colored hands and it looks much better.

Images
    Did you say painted flesh on the head?

I think its time for DST/EMCE to stop making these. Don't make them at all if you can't do it right,especially for the price.

They messed up the skulls on both figures.