Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fav cartoons and TV shows still not on DVD!

You guys are talking about US dvd releases,yes? Since I've had the complete Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends series on dvd for ages,but that's a UK release,along with Spider-Man 5000 and some future thing I forget the name of even though I have it,lol! Might be Spidey 2099,but it don't look like it.

Would love the live action tv show from 77 though! Only got the episodes they released at cinemas over here on video,which I transferred to dvd,lol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JRT! View Post
    You guys are talking about US dvd releases,yes?
    Amazing Friends has only been released in the UK on region 2 Pal DVDs. Spider-Man 5000 is the pal DVD release of the 1981 Spider-Man cartoon which is also UK only.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Blog Entries
    I've heard that the Filmation Tarzan cartoon didn't come out all that well. Otherwise I'd get a copy. There are so many negative reviews about it on Amazon it's not funny.
    JediJaida

Images
    ^I've passed on it, too due to reviews. Am I over-reacting?
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Blog Entries
    i was surprised at dirty the prints are, beats my vhs copies by a long shot but watchable and about damned time. I view the show as a classic though, so i understand the fan umbrage.

I can't really think of anything that has not already been mentioned or isn't on dvd yet.... other than The Hector Heathcote Show. I haven't seen it since it was on WPIX (NYC) in the mornings before school.

What I really want is for this stuff to be streamed from somewhere. I do have a dvd/bluray but I use them less and less. The main TV in the house is stream only with nothing hooked up to it. I see Boomerang offers a streaming service with some classic tools but I haven't yet pulled the trigger as it appears that there is not much to choose from.

Images
    Warner/DC needs to release the Filmation Shazam! cartoon!

Hopefully they are just waiting for the right cross-sell, but what about MOD?
    WANTED: NM or boxed Fonzie jalopy; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; minty POTA stallion reins (brown); Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-swords; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Warner/DC needs to release the Filmation Shazam! cartoon!

Hopefully they are just waiting for the right cross-sell, but what about MOD?
    Agreed about this one--maybe when the film is coming out they'll finally release them?
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    I wish there was both seasons of the Krofft Supershow, but especially Season 1, b/c of all the cool music and skits. I've always liked the glam rock look better than the denim look of Season 2.
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    I've heard that the Filmation Tarzan cartoon didn't come out all that well. Otherwise I'd get a copy. There are so many negative reviews about it on Amazon it's not funny.
    Really? It got an average rating of 4.2/5 stars. That seems pretty good to me. I got it, and while the video quality isn't awesome, it's pretty good. I didn't necessarily expect them to digitally remaster it and all that. Personally, I'm glad I got it.