Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fav cartoons and TV shows still not on DVD!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

240-Robert

Emergency + 4

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

The rest of the eps of The King Kong Show and the whole of the run of Tom Of T.H.U.M.B.!

Also, and this is probably way off topic for these parts, but I've long wanted decent copies of Jason Bateman's forgotten NBC masterwork, It's Your Move.

Heh, truth!
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Thought of another one. The 1992 Addams Family cartoon.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
          Persistent Member
          • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by toothaction
          Also, and this is probably way off topic for these parts, but I've long wanted decent copies of Jason Bateman's forgotten NBC masterwork, [I]It's Your Move[/
          I was telling someone about this sitcom not too long ago. I don't think I used the word "masterwork," but I remember it fondly.
          Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
          Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• dbutler69
            • May 5, 2011

Originally posted by Ivaniski
            I have the official release of Tarzan the Filmation cartoon...It was release early this year.
            Only season one is available on DVD. I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of the run!
            At least they finally came out with a Thundarr, the Barbarian DVD.

Comment

• JRT!
              Museum Super Collector
              • Sep 6, 2015

You guys are talking about US dvd releases,yes? Since I've had the complete Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends series on dvd for ages,but that's a UK release,along with Spider-Man 5000 and some future thing I forget the name of even though I have it,lol! Might be Spidey 2099,but it don't look like it.

Would love the live action tv show from 77 though! Only got the episodes they released at cinemas over here on video,which I transferred to dvd,lol.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by JRT!
                You guys are talking about US dvd releases,yes?
                Amazing Friends has only been released in the UK on region 2 Pal DVDs. Spider-Man 5000 is the pal DVD release of the 1981 Spider-Man cartoon which is also UK only.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I've heard that the Filmation Tarzan cartoon didn't come out all that well. Otherwise I'd get a copy. There are so many negative reviews about it on Amazon it's not funny.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

^I've passed on it, too due to reviews. Am I over-reacting?
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

i was surprised at dirty the prints are, beats my vhs copies by a long shot but watchable and about damned time. I view the show as a classic though, so i understand the fan umbrage.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Allie Fox
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 1, 2009

I can't really think of anything that has not already been mentioned or isn't on dvd yet.... other than The Hector Heathcote Show. I haven't seen it since it was on WPIX (NYC) in the mornings before school.

What I really want is for this stuff to be streamed from somewhere. I do have a dvd/bluray but I use them less and less. The main TV in the house is stream only with nothing hooked up to it. I see Boomerang offers a streaming service with some classic tools but I haven't yet pulled the trigger as it appears that there is not much to choose from.
                        If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Warner/DC needs to release the Filmation Shazam! cartoon!

Hopefully they are just waiting for the right cross-sell, but what about MOD?
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            Warner/DC needs to release the Filmation Shazam! cartoon!

Hopefully they are just waiting for the right cross-sell, but what about MOD?
                            Agreed about this one--maybe when the film is coming out they'll finally release them?
                            Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                            Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

I wish there was both seasons of the Krofft Supershow, but especially Season 1, b/c of all the cool music and skits. I've always liked the glam rock look better than the denim look of Season 2.
                              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• dbutler69
                                • May 5, 2011

Originally posted by JediJaida
                                I've heard that the Filmation Tarzan cartoon didn't come out all that well. Otherwise I'd get a copy. There are so many negative reviews about it on Amazon it's not funny.
                                Really? It got an average rating of 4.2/5 stars. That seems pretty good to me. I got it, and while the video quality isn't awesome, it's pretty good. I didn't necessarily expect them to digitally remaster it and all that. Personally, I'm glad I got it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎