• Show
Clear All
  • WannabeMego
    Made in the USA
    • May 2, 2003

Doctor Doom...Movie...?

Interesting...

Article Link: https://io9.gizmodo.com/legions-noah...doc-1797113133
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Because no one demanded it!

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
      Career Member
      • Jul 15, 2017

I heart Kirby. I heart Doom. I heart Hawley.

Thrilled, kinda.
      >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Honestly, make Doom completely faithful in look, but make it a comedy, and I'm all in. It'd be like Grumpy Old Men, but in metal armor. Play the curmudgeony super dictator for comedy.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

It's guaranteed they'll misread the entire origin story into him being a victimized morally grey character.

Comment

• knight errant00
            8 Inch Action Figure
            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by Hedji
            Honestly, make Doom completely faithful in look, but make it a comedy, and I'm all in. It'd be like Grumpy Old Men, but in metal armor. Play the curmudgeony super dictator for comedy.
            I'm picturing it more like doing The Venture Brothers from the Monarch's point-of-view, but yeah, a comedy like that would be a stitch!

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Heck, make Doom the stuffy straightman to Deadpool in a team up and you have gold.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Moxen
                Museum Patron
                • Nov 6, 2016

I didn't mind the Fantastic Four movies from a decade ago, but they sure screwed up Doom. If they can do it right, this would be amazing.

Doom is my favorite Marvel villain, so I would absolutely go see this.

Comment

• Moxen
                  Museum Patron
                  • Nov 6, 2016

Originally posted by hedrap
                  It's guaranteed they'll misread the entire origin story into him being a victimized morally grey character.
                  Sorry hedrap, Stan Lee himself confirms your worst fears:

A misunderstood good guy he is!

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

The best villains are the ones that think they are the good guy. Al Capone used to hand out nickels to children.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Moxen
                      I think stan needs to re-read what he wrote. He had the guy executing people for playing off note.

This is just like Kirby's "he's so vain he wears a mask" bull****e
                      Last edited by hedrap; Jul 25, '17, 7:48 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                        Heck, make Doom the stuffy straightman to Deadpool in a team up and you have gold.
                        Precisely. If you could give him some kind of foil that exasperates him, it would be hilarious. True, the concept of comedy supervillain has already been addressed with Despicable Me, but, there is just something about the idea of Despicable Doom I find appealing.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hedji
                          Precisely. If you could give him some kind of foil that exasperates him, it would be hilarious. True, the concept of comedy supervillain has already been addressed with Despicable Me, but, there is just something about the idea of Despicable Doom I find appealing.
                          you make it a more bugs bunny elmer fudd sort of thing
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

Doom is my favorite Marvel character - and they almost never come close to getting him right (to me) at least 90% of the time.

Originally posted by palitoy
                            The best villains are the ones that think they are the good guy. Al Capone used to hand out nickels to children.
                            Yes - he's not morally grey (I completely agree, hedrap) he's evil. HE doesn't think he's evil - he think's he's above good and evil.

To me the best Doom has always been a story about THE most brilliant person in the world - he's even smart enough to correctly recognize his own genius - but the human flaw of having an ego about this always puts him on the wrong moral path and also always ends up screwing up his plans.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

I personally hate the whole "tying him into the Four's origin and giving him powers" thing the movies did. It almost robs him of a valuable asset, here is this guy he hates and blames for everything wrong in his life, who now has super powers.

Inversely, I find it aided the Red Skull, whose comic origin I felt was weak at best.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎