• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

DC makes their own Fantastic Four

The Terrifics!

I think my kid will dig this, Mr Terrific and Metamorpho are faves of his.

For the past few years, the Fantastic Four have been absent—both in Marvel’s comics universe and in reality. Although Marvel seems to be uninterested in filling this hole in the comics landscape, it appears DC is more than willing to give it a go: say hello to the Terrifics, DC’s own quirky quartet.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, since Marvel won't publish FF, DC will! The creative team is very solid too. The Doc Shaner art makes me think of his Future Quest stuff, and I love that.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Mary Canary
      Career Member
      • Jun 21, 2017

I am excited for this! I loved Phantom Girl when time-displaced and she was part of L.E.G.I.O.N.
      (Of course, she's always been cool in the 31st century Legion too).
      And I've liked Metamorpho since Bart Sears was drawing him in Justice League Europe.
      Less a fan of the other 2, but I'm curious to see how DC puts them all together and spins this into something fun and familial.

Any word on Marvel's reaction?

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Heh, that's a cool idea, and I've always been a Metamorpho fan. The FF has always been my favorites, so it really sucks to see what Marvel and Fox has done with them recently, no FF comics and sucky FF movies. Terrible way to treat Marvel's first family.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Love Shaner, love Metamorpho--I'm in.

No Marvel FF anymore?! WTH.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^They cancelled it to stick it to Fox. Just like they quit making X-Men and FF toys for a bit. But they aren't going to cancel X-Men comics. They still make too much money.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• toothaction
              Career Member
              • Jul 15, 2017

Originally posted by cjefferys
              The FF has always been my favorites, so it really sucks to see what Marvel and Fox has done with them recently, no FF comics and sucky FF movies. Terrible way to treat Marvel's first family.
              Truth!

On that front, there's some interesting news afoot.
              >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 28, 2013

I think this would have been brilliant 15 years ago and I still love the idea but Lemire bored the heck out of me in his JLU or Justice League Canada or whatever it was called. Lots of potential but honestly, I would prefer Giffen was writing this along with Dan Didio if I am being honest. Their OMAC was one of my favorites.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                  Career Member
                  • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                  I think this would have been brilliant 15 years ago and I still love the idea but Lemire bored the heck out of me in his JLU or Justice League Canada or whatever it was called. Lots of potential but honestly, I would prefer Giffen was writing this along with Dan Didio if I am being honest. Their OMAC was one of my favorites.
                  Giffen would be great on this.
                  But I'm still going to get it!

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

I think this would have been brilliant 15 years ago....
                    Metamorpho and Plastic Man being repackaged is great.

The whole concept seems so smart... most notably as a scenario for DC to develop their own answer to Marvel's F4 that could benefit from years of writers that have had jobs at both Marvel and DC throwing around the similar F4 dynamic for decades...

My only criticism is: I agree I think it's coming too late to really have the impact it would have had if it was released three years back when the "no F4 comics" scenario was just beginning, and the similar F4 doppelganger team was just nearing the end of it's 10 year 3 film release run with Fox.

Lots of potential but honestly, I would prefer Giffen was writing this along with Dan Didio if I am being honest.
                    I have a feeling this "gimmicky" team might have staying power... at least to be resurrected from time to time by different writers.
                    Last edited by huedell; Jul 28, '17, 4:34 PM.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Boshek
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 26, 2011

Very cool. A nice group of superheroes.
                      Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Wish DC could bring themselves to do something more with the Challs, the original FF. Giffen or Bruce Timm would be perfect for them.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• samurainoir
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Dec 26, 2006

Remember that time DC gave us the Defenders?
                          "Wake the Dead" is the 11th episode of the first season of Justice League Unlimited, and the 11th of the overall series. It originally aired on December 18, 2004. A group of students at Louisiana University perform a sort of magic ritual to get even with their bullies. Candles are lit and the floor is decorated with a rune while a spell is chanted. A dark cloud comes out of the floor in the middle of the rune, but one of the students stumbles backwards when a menacing face appears in the cloud,

My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^With Solomon Grundy as the Hulk? Yes indeed I do!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎