• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Infinity war leaked trailer

down in front but still, i'm not in San Diego

One of the highlights of last weeks D23 was Marvel's presentation of footage from 'Avengers: Infinity War.' Fans read descriptions of the foo ...
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I got a feeling the end of this movie is going to make Empire Strikes Back look like Mary Poppins.

I don't understand why Marvel wouldn't just go ahead and release this officially. They had to know it was going to leak. Let it build for a week after D23, then release it at San Diego. Duh.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

And the Mighty Disney has swung their sword! I would imagine any bootlegged versions posted on the web are now toast. I do have to wonder why they are not releasing it themselves, however. Seems like instead of building hype, it's a good way to create resentment by not allowing the general populace to see it. I can understand removing bootlegged copies and that, yeah, people paid exorbitant prices to attend both D23 and SDCC to see this, but those events are both now over. Let the rest of the world see it at this point...
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I agree, i'm not sure why they even try in this day and age.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Wow, I'm kinda sort of speechless...as much as I prefer DC...this makes the Justice League movie looks small in comparison (which is not necessarily a bad thing, all depending on the final product), but the scope of Infinity Wars is enormous, holy mother of...wow...it's just epic all around...

And I agree with you fellas about the secrecy, it's friggin Comic Con for crying out loud...release the friggin Kraken already...
          sigpic

Comment

• cockyhoskins
            Career Member
            • Jan 13, 2009

I'd say they are holding off because of the release of the Thor trailer. They want water-cooler talk this morning to be about it. They'll release it soon I imagine.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, I'm kinda sort of speechless...as much as I prefer DC...this makes the Justice League movie looks small in comparison (which is not necessarily a bad thing, all depending on the final product), but the scope of Infinity Wars is enormous, holy mother of...wow...it's just epic all around...

And I agree with you fellas about the secrecy, it's friggin Comic Con for crying out loud...release the friggin Kraken already...
              DC is never going to catch up to Marvel in that regard. This is everything every Marvel film has been building toward for 9 years, 10 by the time it hits. Audiences are invested in these characters and stories in ways that you just can't rush through.

That's not a slam against JL, because I felt the rush of that last trailer, but we don't know and care about those versions of the characters like we do the Marvel versions (with the exception of Wonder Woman). And this is coming from a guy has always been more DC than Marvel!!!

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Is anyone else miffed by the fact that, even on the posters, Thanos is not wearing his usual headgear? I mean, come one, that's one of the things that makes him so recognizable AS Thanos. You're telling me Josh Brolin's ego is such that, while he'll wear purple makeup and a ruffly chin prosthetic, that he won't wear a helmet? Geeeeez.......
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

It looks like the video has been taken down.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

Is anyone else miffed by the fact that, even on the posters, Thanos is not wearing his usual headgear? I mean, come one, that's one of the things that makes him so recognizable AS Thanos. You're telling me Josh Brolin's ego is such that, while he'll wear purple makeup and a ruffly chin prosthetic, that he won't wear a helmet? Geeeeez.......
                    It is odd, but maybe they figured that visual has already been done in the teasers, and wanted to freshen it up.

And isn't Thanos all mo-capped?

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      DC is never going to catch up to Marvel in that regard. This is everything every Marvel film has been building toward for 9 years, 10 by the time it hits. Audiences are invested in these characters and stories in ways that you just can't rush through.

That's not a slam against JL, because I felt the rush of that last trailer, but we don't know and care about those versions of the characters like we do the Marvel versions (with the exception of Wonder Woman). And this is coming from a guy has always been more DC than Marvel!!!

Chris
                      I think DC will catch up one day...they just started slow off the gate...but give them a decade or so, a lot can happen in ten years...look at KFC, they were the number one fast food chicken place, but now it's Chick-fill A...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                        Start blaming Chris Hemsworth first...
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Hector

Yeah, start with Downey before Evans or Hemsworth
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Yeah, start with Downey before Evans or Hemsworth
                              No, start with Tobey Maguire first...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰