X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

DC Super Hero Girls Questions

I tried finding a comprehensive list and images of the playset, but what I kept finding was the box. For the Super Hero Girls line, has there been an action figure or a doll of Granny Goodness? I'm gathering it's just the main heroes who've been released so far.

Also, are there good images of the High School playset? Does it feature the school library as a component? I see it comes with Batgirl, so the library seems a natural to me.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

There is no Granny figure. Mattel's site has some really nice large pictures of the playset.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Falstaff13
      Persistent Member
      • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
      There is no Granny figure. Mattel's site has some really nice large pictures of the playset.

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms...n-figure-dmr13
      Thanks. I think 99% of the time, you are the one who answers my questions, Werewolf!

I'll hold out hope for a Granny, if they move beyond the principals (principal characters, that is, not Principal Waller!), and it looks like a great set, but no real library (same as none of the Beauty & the Beast sets have really shown that library--holding out hope!). I hope the line continues to do well, as it does have a great toyetic appeal.
      Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Falstaff13
        Thanks. I think 99% of the time, you are the one who answers my questions, Werewolf!

I'll hold out hope for a Granny,
        I'm thinking Granny is probably iffy in the Mattel lines. They did recently add Beastboy, Starfire and Hawkgirl to the action figure line. Have you checked out the Lego series? They might go a little deeper into the character roster.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

The next run as Wolf said has Starfire and Hawkgirl, but also Killer Frost and Cheetah. Beast Boy is part of the Target pack. I think Katana counts as part of wave 2.

I'd think Barda, Lashina, Catwoman are the only definites.

Comment

• Falstaff13
            Persistent Member
            • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by Werewolf
            I'm thinking Granny is probably iffy in the Mattel lines. They did recently add Beastboy, Starfire and Hawkgirl to the action figure line. Have you checked out the Lego series? They might go a little deeper into the character roster.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/dcsuperherogirls/characters
            I recently discovered these. So far, they haven't gotten too deep into the line, but we'll see.
            Hugh H. Davis

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I saw the large Starfire and smaller Frost (no Killer in this line) & Katana at TRU last weekend.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Mary Canary
                Career Member
                • Jun 21, 2017

I am not a big fan of the "Monster High" approach or the character designs.
                Cheetah in a jogging suit? Eh.

But what I do love is that this line has really opened up superheroes to little girls (and boys).
                I saw a little girl wandering around TrU, clutching her Supergirl box tightly.
                Clearly she had decided what she was purchasing!
                Another little girl, much smaller, was in the DC SHG aisle explaining to her dad that Harley Quinn was the Joker's girlfriend.

So while they might not be MY DC super hero girls, I love that a new generation is finding Wonder Woman and Supergirl, etc!
                And just goes to show there is room for all kinds of versions of these characters! It's exciting!
                We can only hope they are in the backyard spinning as they transform into Wonder Woman, at least in their imaginations!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎