Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

One thing I liked about Cyborg in the latest trailer is that it shows he's not all brawn...they way he integrated himself to the Batplane...was actually kinda cool...his voice is pretty baddarze too.

Yeah, he's not the most famous, and he does look outta place next to our beloved familiar superheroes...but I'd say give him a chance...
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

BTW, is it just me...or is Wonder Woman getting hotter and hotter?

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        I kind of like this take on the Flash, just not his suit, it gives me a headache looking at it.
        You know...I was never a big Ezra Miller fan, he's too pretty...and a bit full of himself...but I'm kinda digging his Flash persona too...I like his comic relief light-heartiness...but like you...the costume is too robotic looking, he almost looks like the red version of Cyborg...it needs to be streamlined more...like a full lycra tracksuit or something...
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I like what I'm seeing of Miller's persona, he reminds me a bit of the JL toon Wally West, minus the cockiness. The speed effects also look good, and different than TV Flash or either movie Quicksilver. But yeah, that suit...it really does remind me of Total Justice Fractal Tech-Gear, which makes no sense on The Flash. He looks like a Bey Transformer spray-painted red with a bicycle helment.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            I still contend that ONLY reason Cyborg was put into the JL at all was because it was known there was a theatrical movie coming out in the future...
            It goes hand-in-hand with the need to diversify the team. DC - Diane Nelson, Didio and Jim Lee specifically - were pretty open about it. I guess you could call it a collaboration with WB after the regime change away from Robinov/Legendary.

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            ...and, from what I've seen of Cyborg from various bits and pieces, he's basically JL's answer to Iron Man as well as being a conduit to information regarding Darkseid, Apokolips, the Mother Boxes, etc. Personally, yeah, I would've preferred a Lantern or Jonn J'onzz, either or both of whom could've had previous contact with Darkseid/Apokolips.
            The Iron Man knockoff is a certain, but there's a connecting thread between Nu52 to Goyer/Nolan's MOS development that hasn't been disclosed, (outside Lee's design work), where Goyer pitched Superman as first contact thereby eliminating GL and Manhunter. Putting aside the familiarity millennials have with Stewart GL, why would J'onzz have to remain one race?

IMO, they got hung up on the idea of Superman as alien savior, Snyder turned it into an Ayn Rand motif and they've been course-correcting away from that since. Snyder couldn't see the point of continuing, so he left.

For example....

Warner Bros. and DC are spending big money to ensure that "Justice League" builds on the creative success of "Wonder Woman."

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

I hope the movie is good, but am I the only one who thinks the 1990's tv Flash would fit in better with the rest of the team than the one that's in this movie?

Comment

• Scotthulhu
                • Dec 3, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                ^Looks like Superman's shoulder to me. You can see some red. But it may be a red...herring.

Chris
                If it ends up being Orion, I will literally stand up and applaud in the theater.

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Scotthulhu
                  If it ends up being Orion, I will literally stand up and applaud in the theater.
                  That would awesome, but it's to clever for WB. They have no confidence the audience will grasp that.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎