X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emeraldknight47
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
    Come on man, we all know Supes will appear, let's not kid ourselves here, lol..
    Oh, we all KNOW Superman will reappear for sure, we just don't know when or how and Alfred's conversation with whomever COULD easily be a red herring to throw people off. After all, who would be the "they" he referred to when he said "they told us you were coming..."?
    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

One thing to keep in mind with Alfred talking to whomever... there is a trend lately for trailers to feature scenes that don't make the final cut. (Rogue One, Spider-Man Homecoming)

I fully expect to see Superman save the day, but I wonder if that Alfred scene is just to build anticipation in the trailer.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        Oh, we all KNOW Superman will reappear for sure, we just don't know when or how and Alfred's conversation with whomever COULD easily be a red herring to throw people off. After all, who would be the "they" he referred to when he said "they told us you were coming..."?
        Right. That can't be the bridge scene to JL2, so the subplot is he's alive.

Combine that with the "Cameraman" promotional...is Kal back to his MOS wanderer mode, and is Jimmy Olsen or Snapper Carr going to be his disguise?

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

You may be right that at the end, when Alfred is addressing that mysterious figure, might be in fact a red herring.

I've watched the trailer a million times, and check out the 2:55-2:57 mark, where Wonder Woman on the left and Aquaman on the right...both look up, and Aquaman says, "All right..."

That's Supes right there...

sigpic

Comment

• WannabeMego
            Made in the USA
            • May 2, 2003

Saw the Trailer with the Kid a few times already and...

Cyborg & Flash annoy the hell out of both of us for different reason.

For me...Cyborg just does not belong in this Movie at all...he shadows in comparison to all the other characters...and Flash is just so bad looking and sounding, it really hurts to see him on screen this way. My sons reason are his own personal tastes, but he practically cried at what they did to 'His' Flash, which has been his favorite character since he was 5 yrs old...and with Cyborg, he hates that he sounds like a Robot when he should have a sarcastic sense of humor.

We also agree that Aquaman is just ballz-out Crazy Awesome and Affleck's Batman is probably the Best Visually Accurate Batman to date...and Wonder Woman is Perfection.

I still believe this is going to be much darker then what we are seeing in the trailer...those slow-motion bullet-case droppings and muted colored scenery tell a different story.

I'm personally not jumping-out-of-my-seat excited to see this, but will most likely catch it with the kid as a discounted matinee.

REALLY looking forward to the Aquaman Movie though :D
            Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

At one point in the trailer there is a voice saying "I don't recognize this world" right before Batman says "You don't have to recognize it, just save it". Who is saying those words? i can't place the voice, but it doesn't sound like Cavill as Superman. Could it be Black Adam? A Green Lantern that's not from Earth? Any other ideas?

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by WannabeMego

For me...Cyborg just does not belong in this Movie at all...he shadows in comparison to all the other characters...and Flash is just so bad looking and sounding, it really hurts to see him on screen this way. My sons reason are his own personal tastes, but he practically cried at what they did to 'His' Flash, which has been his favorite character since he was 5 yrs old...and with Cyborg, he hates that he sounds like a Robot when he should have a sarcastic sense of humor.
                Cyborg is a hard sell for me too, even my son who loves this character and wishes it was John Stewart or Jonn J'onnz.

However, I kind of like this take on the Flash, just not his suit, it gives me a headache looking at it.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

At one point in the trailer there is a voice saying "I don't recognize this world" right before Batman says "You don't have to recognize it, just save it". Who is saying those words? i can't place the voice, but it doesn't sound like Cavill as Superman. Could it be Black Adam? A Green Lantern that's not from Earth? Any other ideas?
                  Wasn't he talking to Alfred? I'll have to go back and re-listen.

Cyborg is a hard sell for me too, even my son who loves this character and wishes it was John Stewart or Jonn J'onnz.

However, I kind of like this take on the Flash, just not his suit, it gives me a headache looking at it.
                  Cyborg is shoehorned in, just like he's been since the New 52 in the comics. I understand the need for representation, but John Stewart was the way to go, I think. Much more of a natural fit, and you have a generation of fans who think of him as a founding Leaguer.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

I still contend that ONLY reason Cyborg was put into the JL at all was because it was known there was a theatrical movie coming out in the future and, from what I've seen of Cyborg from various bits and pieces, he's basically JL's answer to Iron Man as well as being a conduit to information regarding Darkseid, Apokolips, the Mother Boxes, etc. Personally, yeah, I would've preferred a Lantern or Jonn J'onzz, either or both of whom could've had previous contact with Darkseid/Apokolips.
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I still contend that ONLY reason Cyborg was put into the JL at all was because it was known there was a theatrical movie coming out in the future and, from what I've seen of Cyborg from various bits and pieces, he's basically JL's answer to Iron Man as well as being a conduit to information regarding Darkseid, Apokolips, the Mother Boxes, etc. Personally, yeah, I would've preferred a Lantern or Jonn J'onzz, either or both of whom could've had previous contact with Darkseid/Apokolips.
                      That kind of makes sense, I am not really familiar with his Nu52 origin but guessed it was New Gods related in BVS.

And yeah, the popularity Iron Man definitely played a factor here for sure.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Geoff Johns is also a HUGE Cyborg fan. He brought him back to his classic form in Flash a decade and a half ago, after years of him being all kinds of messed up.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• phil
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 11, 2007

This new trailer looks more promising than the previous one. Doesn't the sun shine in the DC cinematic universe anymore? It looks so dark.

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by phil
                            This new trailer looks more promising than the previous one. Doesn't the sun shine in the DC cinematic universe anymore? It looks so dark.
                            Sadly, Frank Miller is their weatherman.

Comment

• phil
                              Persistent Member
                              • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                              Sadly, Frank Miller is their weatherman.
                              That made me laugh! :D

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Hey, at least it was sunny on Themyscira! LOL! No FM funeral dirge weather for the Amazons!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎