Clear All
  • libby 1957dog
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 3, 2009

jla sdcc trailer and poster

• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Eerie how photoshop is merging into Alex Ross.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Too bad the batsuit isn't as blue as the poster suggests. They're really bringing out the colors for the ad.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

This one looks more fun than Batman v Superman...has more color too...and we all know who Alfred was talking too...

Ok, Batman v Superman disappointed me greatly...but this one will definitely be way better by default.

Flash will be the comic relief, and I'm cool with that...tone down the darkness.

I hope Superman drops that mean pis.sed off frown...and shows up like the hero we have all been waiting for...

I'm in...

Last edited by Hector; Jul 22, '17, 10:23 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

looks awesome. I have always been more of a DC guy so I am all in for this

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Wonder Woman and Her Super Friends! I love how WB has scrambled to REALLY emphasize the one version of their characters everyone has more or less universally fallen in love with.

And yes, this looks SOOO much better than anything we saw of BvS. The lighter tone, the talk about inspiration....too bad we never actually saw Superman inspire people much in MoS and BvS. Everyone was too busy being scared of him, resulting in his permanent frowny face.

I'm feeling good about this right now, I hope they actually deliver on that good will this time, like they did with Wonder Woman.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

I like the new poster; glad to see WB/DC FINALLY found someone who understands that USING the source material (in this case Alex Ross's DC artwork) as inspiration for movie posters is a GOOD thing. The only thing the could've improved this poster would've been white eyes on The Batman and Green Lantern instead of Cyborg (who, between he and The Flash, seem to be having a competition as to which one can be the prettiest male superhero).

As to the new trailer, I think you can definitely tell some tonal shifts and some strong influencing from the success of WONDER WOMAN. You can tell Batman may be the one assembling the League, but Diana is the one actually LEADING them. I did like the mention of "no Lanterns," as it does at least open the door for the entrance of one (or several) by the film's end. Who knows, perhaps that's who Alfred was speaking to at the end; after all, for all they know Superman is still dead so why would they be expecting him to show up at all?
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

^Looks like Superman's shoulder to me. You can see some red. But it may be a red...herring.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 10, 2009

If Supes is the surprise, stop half-*** acknowledging he's in the movie. If they want him for promotional, then make the focus what's happened to him, not if it is him.

I'm hoping it's GL, or this is becoming a really bad marketing promotion.

Comment

• TrekStar
                    Trek or Treat
                    • Jan 20, 2011

Superman will show up in this, even if it's halfway thru the movie, won't be a big suprise, the only negitive I have so far
                    is Aquaman, it's just not the Aquaman I grew up with and loved, but that's just me.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                      I like the new poster; glad to see WB/DC FINALLY found someone who understands that USING the source material (in this case Alex Ross's DC artwork) as inspiration for movie posters is a GOOD thing. The only thing the could've improved this poster would've been white eyes on The Batman and Green Lantern instead of Cyborg (who, between he and The Flash, seem to be having a competition as to which one can be the prettiest male superhero).

As to the new trailer, I think you can definitely tell some tonal shifts and some strong influencing from the success of WONDER WOMAN. You can tell Batman may be the one assembling the League, but Diana is the one actually LEADING them. I did like the mention of "no Lanterns," as it does at least open the door for the entrance of one (or several) by the film's end. Who knows, perhaps that's who Alfred was speaking to at the end; after all, for all they know Superman is still dead so why would they be expecting him to show up at all?
                      Come on man, we all know Supes will appear, let's not kid ourselves here, lol..
                      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                        Superman will show up in this, even if it's halfway thru the movie, won't be a big suprise, the only negitive I have so far
                        is Aquaman, it's just not the Aquaman I grew up with and loved, but that's just me.
                        I love this incarnation of Aquaman...
                        sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          ^Looks like Superman's shoulder to me. You can see some red. But it may be a red...herring.

Chris
                          I'm sure its Supes, why else would Alfred emphasize the word "hope" in his dialog?
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                            ...the only negitive I have so far
                            Aquaman is my favorite hero. I've had misgivings about the casting, depiction, and status of Atlantis since Momoa was announced. (My dream casting would have been Charlie Hunnam.) But I like Momoa in general and am willing to give him a chance, it will all hinge on the script.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall. Like all the others."
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎