X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

KHANNNNN coming back to theaters

Wrath of Khan to be shown in theaters this September In honor of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan‘s 35th anniversary, Fathom Events is showing the film on the big screen on September 10 and 13. UPDATE: The 35th-anniversary screenings will be accompanied by a newly produced, in-depth interview with William Shatner that will […]

I'm so in. I missed this one in the theater. It was right around the time my Trek-obsession was kicking into high gear.

Chris
    sigpic
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Cool. I might have to go watch it in the theater again.

Comment

• mike69
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 4, 2011

That was the first movie I saw in a theater..

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

I'll definitely go back for another helping!
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

OOOO! I wanna go see this on the big screen again!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Steeler80
            Mayor of Strunk
            • Jun 29, 2001

I'll definitely have to watch this one in the theater again. It's still the best Trek movie imo.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Still my favourite Trek movie.
              And apparently it's the extended 130 minute cut they're screening.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Great news. It was a very emotional movie for me when I first saw it. And even though I now know how it all ends, I'll probably still get teary since Nimoy's death.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Anyone besides me go see this in theaters yesterday? Had a great time with Cindy and the girl (the boy watched Annabelle with a date), and the intro with Shatner was fun.

Man, this film still holds up on the big screen. The effects are solid. Yeah, they'd be flashier nowadays, but there is nothing that takes you out of the story. Which is more than I can say for movies 10 years old at this point. They literally don't make them like this anymore.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• acrovader
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 19, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                    Still my favourite Trek movie.
                    And apparently it's the extended 130 minute cut they're screening.
                    Is there a 130-minute extended Director's Cut? Or is that just a typo? I've tried to look into this and some sources are saying that it was a typo.
                    I am more than machine. More than man. More than a fusion of the two.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by acrovader
                      Is there a 130-minute extended Director's Cut? Or is that just a typo? I've tried to look into this and some sources are saying that it was a typo.
                      Not sure. The director's cut is about 116 minutes... so the 130 minute thing probably is a typo.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

It could include the Shatner interview at the beginning.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• rykerw1701
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 27, 2007

The Shatner interview was about half an hour. They showed the Director's Cut. Fun to see it up on the big screen again. No new revelations with the Shatner interview, but I think it added a bit to the whole production.

Comment

• knight errant00
                            8 Inch Action Figure
                            • Nov 15, 2005

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                            No new revelations with the Shatner interview, but I think it added a bit to the whole production.
                            I was not aware that (at least according to Shatner) Montalban was using a walker off-camera during TWOK, and through the whole movie, I really did notice how little Khan moves and how much he sits throughout the story.

I enjoyed the interview. I was a little disappointed it was the director's cut and not the theatrical cut -- I was seeing it with one of the two friends I went with on the original release, and it would've been that much more awesome to see the same cut this time around.

But, dammit, what a great movie! Not just a great Star Trek movie, but really overall outstanding just as a film.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, I didn't know that either. I think he was still doing Fantasy Island at this time? Makes me wonder how difficult was it for him to do that part, since Mister Roarke is famously standing there greeting everyone and saying good bye in every show.

Yeah, this holds up SO well. It does stand above all other Trek films.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎