Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

That video, with the romantic music in the background... I'm guessing you have little hearts dancing around your head whenever you see that maquette, Hector.

And I don't blame you in the slightest. She's gorgeous and I hope you two will be very happy together!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

My three favorite movie female characters, Ellen Ripley, Wonder Woman, and yes, the Alien Queen...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I've ordered a bunch of Hot Toys and Sideshow Alien figures, the last one being Ellen Ripley herself.

But I'm still on the fence on the Alien King (debuted in last year's SDCC, and now available on Sideshow). I mean, it's an awesome maquette...but it's not part of the movies...it was created for the comic books...

Ok, some of you guys know I'm a huge Alien fan (Supes too)...should I go for it? Should I pass?

Again, the Alien King is not part of the movies...only comic books.

Should I just pass and save my money for the upcoming Queen? Or go for both?

What says the masses?

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

BTW...in the comics...the Alien Queen rips apart the Alien King...in case you wanted to know...

sigpic

Comment

• melstapler
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 2, 2014

The 7 inch Blade Runner figures by NECA are very exciting. Couldn't tell whether they will have the flesh colored molded plastic like the Predator Dutch and Matrix Commando figures or if their flesh color will be painted on like the earlier human figures from a few years ago.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
              BTW...in the comics...the Alien Queen rips apart the Alien King...in case you wanted to know...

Sounds like your typical woman-in-charge scenario! LOL!
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by Hector

HEY! Graphic depictions of Xenomorph mating practices do NOT belong on a family friendly toy collecting site, my good man!

Anywho, if you have the means, buy 'em both. OK, the Alien King is not movie canon, but eventually you'll scratch your movie itch and will need to look beyond to keep your Alien collection up to date.
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Is the 3 3/4 inch Marvel Universe line dead? Other than the rainbow Deadpools, I didn't see anything new shown.
                  You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Is the 3 3/4 inch Marvel Universe line dead? Other than the rainbow Deadpools, I didn't see anything new shown.
                    Very disappointing that nothing much was shown. There's the next wave which includes Spider-Man 2099, Jessica Jones, etc. due soon, but the overall lack of 3.75 inch SA Marvel announcements was discouraging.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• melstapler
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Aug 2, 2014

I was really hoping Mezco would reveal some figures of Green Hornet & Kato, Adam West Batman (with interchangeable Bruce Wayne head) and Rambo from First Blood Part II and Rambo From First Blood in their 1:12 Collective line.

Comment

• michael crawford
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Dec 15, 2008

My full coverage is here - and yes, there were some great items, but I have to say that this year I was less impressed overall by the product.

Photo Coverage of the 2017 San Diego Comic-Con #SDCC Main Page - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Captain Toy

Comment

• Remco Monster
                          GLOWS in the Dark!
                          • May 3, 2006

About the only new thing I saw that I will buy in the One:12 Collective Michael Myers. The only other stuff I saw that I am interested in, Super 7's 3 3/4" Planet of the Apes and the One:12 Collective, Dawn of the Dead, were previously shown at Toy Fair.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by michael crawford
                            My full coverage is here - and yes, there were some great items, but I have to say that this year I was less impressed overall by the product.

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2017/sdcc2017-main.htm
                            Nice coverage. Like you I wasn't too impressed by the offerings. I knew retro Sofubi's were cancelled but Gentle giant not doing Secret wars and Super Powers anymore is a big let down, especially that they left off the rarer figures done near the end of those lines.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                              HEY! Graphic depictions of Xenomorph mating practices do NOT belong on a family friendly toy collecting site, my good man!

Anywho, if you have the means, buy 'em both. OK, the Alien King is not movie canon, but eventually you'll scratch your movie itch and will need to look beyond to keep your Alien collection up to date.
                              Mating...

Read on the history of the Alien King aka Rogue Xenomorph...

The Rogue Xenomorph is an alien created by Rogue, a mad scientist. It's also been referred to as a "King": a male designed as a weapon to rival the Queen caste, and thus help rid Earth of its alien infestation. The Rogue escaped and wreaked havoc until it was torn apart by a Queen. The Rogue is larger and stronger than the Queen, but the Queen possesses greater speed and intellect. This enabled her to dodge the Rogue's attacks, until she was able to land a seemingly fatal blow. (Ernst Kleist, th

Anyway, you are coming close to convincing me, but then this just showed up on Sideshow...

My Alien collection desire is going to have me eat crackers for a few months, lol. I also commissioned a 3D designer to make me a huge 30" Nostromo ship...it's as expensive as the Alien King...but it's going to be one of a kind...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎